Sign in to follow this  
skidz

E30 Race Motor Installation

So, back in September we had a small issue with the engine in my E30 race car.  Luckily I was able to shut it down before any drastic damage was done; the cause was found to be the auxiliary shaft bearing  which had failed.

Trouble was, I could not get a replacement bearing anywhere in the world.  It is quite a specific item, I finally found one (actually super sleuth Eliongator found it for me) at ECS Tuning in the States. So for the last few months, and the whole summer race season, the car has sat with a massive hole where the engine should be:

So anyway, the new bearing arrived just after Xmas and since then I have been waiting patiently for the engine builder to complete the engine build.  The finally, the Easterr Bunny arrived with a gift:

M20B30 goodness.  M54B30 crank, custom pistons, Ireland Engineering cam, rockers, valves springs, etc

This pic was taken a few days later, as when I went to lift the engine off the trailer, I found that that was the day the engine lifter decided to well, not lift the engine.  Luckily I was able to get the engine off the hire trailer and return the trailer!

Anyway, It is now time to start putting everything back together.

Uprated clutch and pressure plate from MP Autoparts:

Ready to drop in the hole!

IMG_2367.jpg.b29096accbf484773aa5138864e9bbc7.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg