Cement

Anybody remounted their E46 entrance felt ?

I have a case of the dreaded saggy felt which has separated from the door entrance rubber on my E46 coupe :( Only thing that makes me more sad is looking at the price of new ones !!

Anybody successfully refitted them and have had them hold up for a few years or more ? I ordered the OEM rubber goo (assume just contact adhesive ?) but its no longer available.

Keen to hear of specific successful product / process.

I used some double sided 3m tape as a temporary fix, it was the right width for the felt and rubber and fit nicely. I expected it to last 5 minutes and figured I'd look into some contact adhesive or weatherstripping glue like what the US guys use when it failed. Haven't touched it in 3 years and it's still holding.  

Hah that's rad, can you recall the type of mounting tape it was?

I'm about to paint my wood trim also, guess you sold the black cube trims@Harper

1 hour ago, Cement said:

Hah that's rad, can you recall the type of mounting tape it was?

I'm about to paint my wood trim also, guess you sold the black cube trims@Harper

I think it's this stuff https://www.3mnz.co.nz/3M/en_NZ/p/d/b40072022/  12mm width but not 100% sure, it's been in my garage forever. I use it all the time. This is what most of the E46 forums recommend using though: https://www.3mnz.co.nz/3M/en_NZ/p/d/b40069430/

Yep sorry trims sold on trademe for $550 a while back.

Nice, that's a good price for the trims :) I'll probably go and spend the same getting sorted with equipment and paint to do mine now haha ... and i'll not know what colour to do them naturally.

Thanks for the adhesive link !! Will see if I can source some of the tube goo.