Sign in to follow this  
E90 learner

N46 car wont start just crank after 2 days replacing the VVT motor.

My E90 n46 won't start 2 days after I changed the VVT motor. I tried to start the engine for a long time and  suddenly engine lights comes on, 2a67 Valvetronic , internal fault and 2a6b valvetronic,powerlimitation,servomotor.  Car cranks good and just that.

Did starting my engine long destroyed my new vvt motor? My vvt motor destroyed my engine as well?

Tried to remove the Eccentric shaft sensor plug. Then start the engine it only shows error 2a59 2a55 -- eccentric shaft sensor. Put the plug back again and error is gone. Still wont start.
Remove and reinsert the VVT motor's electric plug. Engine won't start.

When inserted the new VVT motor, I press the start button to ignition 2 (Engine not idling) and wait for a long time and hear lots of sounds from the engine. Then started the engine idled for 15 minutes. Test run the car running it in the Motor way for more an hour and everything wents smooth and ok. No vibration in idling, rpm no longer going up and down etc.

Then after 2 days, wify called , car just cranks and wont start. 

When I start the engine (crank long), I can smell gasoline fume. RPM goes up.

Now i don't know what to do. Can ultra grey silicon damage your engine when some of it go to the engine?

Any help would be appreciated ty.

Did you teach in the valvetronic end stops after replacing the valvetronic motor ?

No, there is a specific service function that needs to be carried out with a diagnostic tester.

I would strongly suggest that you seek professional help at this stage to reduce any further damage that may have occurred.

• Like 2

Just an update on this. Try to relearn vvt motor end stops. VVT motor wont do it. So I open the car engine again. And behold, the worm gear is in the Maximum to the counter clockwise direction. Put back my original VVT motor and do the relearn and relearn successful. Put the new VVT motor again and try to do a relearn and failed. So I put back my old VVT , relearn stops and Car starts and run now. 

When the worm gear is on maximum on the counter clockwise? What angle is that?  Car wont really start with that position. When doing a relearn, the worm gear in relation to the worm shaft,there is like 5 teeth of the gear on the right side. (That position will start the engine).

Observation.
When you pressed start the engine without pressing brakes, the VVT motor will really moved.

It seems like the NEW VVT motor could not moved correctly to the point where the computer wants it so does the error.

Max counter clockwise position will have the valves closed so, yes it won't start because there is no air/fuel getting into the cylinder. What brand Valvetronic motor did you use?

Topaz/bapmic bought from OZ. My AC blower is topaz already 5 years old and counting. Maybe i am just lucky with the vvt motor or vice versa.

Any way to check the VVT motor before opening my car again?

Can I use my car with VVT malfunction?  My old VVT motor has 2a67 Valvetronic , internal fault and 2a6b valvetronic,powerlimitation,servomotor.

Topaz/bapmic is Chinese junk. Buy an OEM part and fix it properly.  I personally wouldn't drive it.