Sign in to follow this  
vr4muss

E30 Facelift?

I have a 88 E30 which i am putting a different engine in and respraying it as it is not face lift i am wondering if you can put a facelift front bumper on? and can you get better skirts for it? cheers

I'd like to know that aswell. Correct me if I'm wront but pre FL and post FL bumpers dont match :(

The gap in the valance isnt bigger enough to support the size of the bumper. Do a full conversion, put facelift valance, bumpers etc on, rear would be much harder.

Side skirts generally match up, but in many cases 2 door skirts wont fit on 4 door cars.

i thought all 88s were facelift? mine is..

they are, he must have one of those E30s with strange rego dates, unless it was sitting in the lot for ages until it was first registed

The model date is often different to the build date. My 1989 was built in late 1988,

Plenty of cars registered 1988 are cars built in 87 hence pre fl - some even were a mixture of both as they tried to use up extra parts.

Front f/l conv pretty easy - rear will take some patience and fabrication as e30stz says.

Guest Spargo

Plenty of cars registered 1988 are cars built in 87 hence pre fl - some even were a mixture of both as they tried to use up extra parts.

True story, there is a pre FL shell running round with full M-tec II, black leather, and 16" schnitzers.

I first saw it in town when I was 15 visiting the old mans office. Fast forward to last year and i see it in parnell, minus the schnitzers, and blowing alot of smoke - shame really :banghead:

I own an ex. Jerry Clayton 88 318i demo car - year is mid/late 87 but was registered feb 88 I believe. Car is one of the first facelifts in NZ.

Too right, my FL 318i was registered new in June 1988 in Wellington, but was built in November 1987... Whereas my parents bought a Pre- FL 320i/A4 brand new on 1st February 1988, and it had a November 1987 build plate on it.

There's another 325iM running around in Akld, pre fl, full Mtech 2 gear, think it's dark blue(?). Only about 130kms from new, but was in accident about 18 months-2 years ago. Owner bought it back (had had it since new), but couldn't source Mtech1 parts, so used 2 instead.