Sign in to follow this  
StephenMarkB

1994 E36 320i..in need of gearbox service...is it of value to anyone?

Hi Team,

My old 1994 E36 320i has had the transmission warning light go on, after testing transmission code 44 reverse solenoid lock out.

We were looking at getting another car anyway, so cant justify the quoted $1200 for a gearbox service....so im not sure what to do with the car. Is it of any valve to anyone, as parts, would a dismantler want it...its done around 240,000 kms.

Passed last two WOF's with no problems, recently serviced and was running really well. Head gasket went about 50,000kms ago and was rebuilt by The Toy Box...no warping of head, had a carbon clean, replaced 3 valves.....and was going well.

Any advice on what I could do with it, lots of cosmetic issues but was running well, I cant pop it up on trademe...would it have any value to someone?

Cheers

Guessing its a sedan? If so its not really worth anything besides scrap value

If it's a coupe I could be interested in buying it if the price is right.

Wreckers don't seem to be interested in E36 anymore - too old. I'm struggling to find E36 parts so considering buying a suitable parts car.

As long as it's has a current warrant and is driveable to Napier - who needs reverse on a long trip...