bmw the world

turbo m50 questions

So i am building myself a turbo m50/m52 and have a few questions.

details m50 block ,m52 head,m50 intake mani 

started with full m52 2.5 and bought m50 block and manifold (have m50 fuel rail)

1. do i still need the m52  to m50 manifold conversion kit since i am turboing the motor. i am buying all the ivc kit of ralley road and just wondering if i need to still do the m52 conversion kit for m50 

2. do i need to run the m50 oil filter housing or will my m52 housing fit. if so do i need to do anything to it ( also running oil cooler off top of the filter housing so not worried about plastic cap)

3. Have a m52 plastic valve for the build but have a m50 valve cover on my NA m50 street car and just want to hear people opinion on weather i switch it over or just stick with the plastic cover. ( high mount turbo so will be hot but have metal vavle cover valance and will use heat tape )

if anyone also has a e36 m50 loom i am after one 

1. Depends how you want to do the crank case ventilation. Think the only other part is the throttle body. 

2. I think I've swapped and changed willy nilly. M3 filter housing fits both so surely should work.

3. Sorta depends on how close it comes to the plastic and gasket. Which turbo, manifold and downpipe are you going with. I haven't got a working turbo e36 so I'm just keyboard bashing 

Are you wanting the m50 loom because you've got a pnp standalone that needs it?