Sign in to follow this  
Goose

E39 Stereo Upgrade Options

So I'm looking to upgrade the factory radio in my 1999 e39 (Japan) and am looking at the 7" Android carplay units that seem to be readily available at a fair price., link below.

Has anyone on here had any experience with these, any other recommendations or things I should look out for before going ahead with it?

https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/lightwavescenic-7-android-auto-carplay-car-multimedia-video-player-radio-bluetooth-gps-navigation-for-bmw-x5-e38-e39-yl1025024/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr4vTzp_MgwMVYoxLBR3dKw04EAQYASABEgKz-PD_BwE

I like these as they retain somewhat of the factory look, I'm not really after the Nav side of things, just looking for a slightly better sound, Bluetooth and hands free functionality. 

Cheers,

Looks like generic unit, no real specs etc, probably very slow. Xtrons, AVIN or Eonon are the typical android options that you buy from overseas.

Based on those requirements https://www.bluebus.dev/ could be the better option, far more reliable and simple to install. Not having the factory phone setup or being prewired for it is the only real disadvantage if you want hands free calling.

That looks like a great option and all I am after, available locally or just order through website?

Thanks!

Yeah via the site