m325i

F80 M3 Competition

Here is my 2018 M3 Comp. It’s my daily driver and I’m impressed with it as an all rounder. Big boot, comfortable in soft modes, 9lt/100 on long trips, (gets very thirsty when boosting though) great seats, sounds.

I’ve added CarPlay and the GTS/CS DCT, EDC, steering and diff software, which I would definitely recommend. A boot luggage hook and PSS* tyres… 

IMG_1682.jpeg

• Like 7

How’s the GTS / CS software now ? I guess you’ve been running it for a couple of weeks now ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neal said:

How’s the GTS / CS software now ? I guess you’ve been running it for a couple of weeks now ?

Big upgrade in smoothness especially 0-10 and 10-0km. It doesn’t ‘slap’ as hard with redline changes so the car doesn’t get upset / break traction in s2. 
The burbles are a bit different and sound more ‘random’ rather than the exact same ‘blub blub blub bulb’ every time. 
Steering is significantly better - feel closer to hydraulic ( I only use comfort). 
MDM - I didn’t really go that hard before I did this, but you can get decent slip now. 
Overall great upgrade (especially for slow commuting) with no downside. 

• Like 1

Thanks,  thinking I’ll go down a similar route.

Was reading that for a non comp f8x the CS edc shock update becomes too harsh with its different shocks so will skip that.

Would be good to improve on steering directnesses. Only real complaint with the car have come from an E46 M3 with it’s sublime steering. Use comfort/ sport settings only.

Yes, read that. Makes sense to not mismatch hardware/software. 
I really rate the steering upgrade.