E30kid

E46 HID Flicker

Hi everyone, 

Currently running out of ideas chasing a lighting problem on my wagon. I retrofitted single OEM HID lights a few years back, and have a flickering issue that's gotten progressively worse, often one light flickering at a time but sometimes both. LED halos wired into park lights but disconnected these to confirm no relation.

Been through almost all common faults, checked all lights plugs/grounds across the car. Replaced both bulbs, both ballasts and one igniter. Checked wiring in lights that I could see and no common issues like the Bi-Xenon units. Coding has been completed, even swapped LCMs to verify. Supply voltage into LCM is solid, but output voltage drops outside operating range causing the flicker. Continuity checked for shorts to ground on all headlight wires and nothing untoward, disconnected all other lights consecutively while testing - still present.

Is there a harness connector/junction between the LCM and lights I can check? I have fault codes for turn signal and main beam short to ground but I can't find an obvious short, also the issue is amplified over bumps suggesting a short or loose connection but I cannot for the life of me find one. I'm even considering finding another set of complete lights to rule the whole units out. Any ideas?

Cheers!

IMG20240127193156.heic