overTuned

X3 reliability G01 30i vs M40i

hey guys, 

I'm new here and also quite new to bimmer community as well. Just bought my first BM f30 msport last year, still has 33k on the clock and running smooth.  Due to the family priorities I'm looking for a crossover and thinking about upgrading to G01 X3. I drove few of them had 50-60k mileage and Xdrive30i was decent but M40i was awesome and fell in love with it.

Just wanna ask you guys in terms of the reliability of both models (Probably 2018 - 2020) and specially which one should I pick between 30i vs 40i. Looks like I have to pay extra 10k for the same condition M40i over 30i. Cheers all !!

@TermiPeteNZ may be able to comment on the M40i - B58 is a great engine. Fuel consumption / tire prices / suspension servicing cost will be significantly worse in either X3 compared to your F30 so consider whether the high driving position is worth the payoff. 

Just love the X3 M40i (especially the ridiculous sports exhaust mode) but have only owned it since late Jan. Just replaced all 4 21" tyres - ouchy 😐