Sign in to follow this  
conrod

E30 318is turbo

Was out at my friends' fathers place today, and happened to have digi cam handy, so took a couple of pics of his car. Has a Motec, front mounted intercooler (BEHIND THE GRILLE!) and all the other usual bits. Makes over 300hp and goes very quickly.

post-5-1150261876.jpg

Very awesome.. Obviously made sense to move the coil pack to the other side.

Certed and all!

i like it a lot

like the turbo brace too...dont see that very often

looks v well built

i think those might be the original iS side skirts...very nice..was the engine rebuilt to withstand all that power or just slapped on the turbo and see how she copes? B)

Has the nice little ///M that he painted on the Intercooler gone.

That was a nice touch.

David was concerned about being passed by him down the back straight of Pukekohe. Until he looked under the bonnet.

No, it was built properly. I had a great time watching it evolve. Swiss Engineering!

Has the nice little ///M that he painted on the Intercooler gone.

That was a nice touch.

David was concerned about being passed by him down the back straight of Pukekohe. Until he looked under the bonnet.

No, it was built properly. I had a great time watching it evolve. Swiss Engineering!

The ///M is still there, very subtle, you have to be standing at the front to see it. The skirts were not original on the car. I think there were a few surprised people at Puke who wondered how the hell the a 318 blew past them!

dam cool, very nice install.

any more info on the build?

I reckon those skirts look good.

Nick still own this?

Probably one of my fave E30's in NZ.

Yep he does, do you know him? He is working in Oz at the moment, and is considering selling it.

Guest Andrew

Very very tidy install - have always loved seeing that car.

Those are mtech1 skirts n00bs.

sh*t thats tidy! very clean install. bet she goes fairly good to. id say it would put out moe like 220hp at the motor unless its running very big boost, still its enough to leave most cars behind! :thumb: big thumbs up

Guest Andrew

sh*t thats tidy! very clean install. bet she goes fairly good to. id say it would put out moe like 220hp at the motor unless its running very big boost, still its enough to leave most cars behind! :thumb: big thumbs up

you'd be wrong on that power guesstimate

8 or 9 pounds boost will give 220hp on this engine, this runs a lot more than that!

Guest Spargo

He was a year ahead of me at school Conrad, I'm guessing this is a "make me an offer I can't refuse" type deal?

sweet must be running forged internals, be running 16/17 pounds then? lucky boi

He was a year ahead of me at school Conrad, I'm guessing this is a "make me an offer I can't refuse" type deal?

No not really, I don't think he has decided yet what he wants to do. I will give you all a holler if and when he decides to sell it. A bit hard trying to think of a realistic price for it though, it owes him probably between 20-25K total, but what it is actually worth is another matter completely. And yes, forged pistons and a lot of other goodies, and 18 to 20 pounds of puff.