Sign in to follow this  
jochen

AV input adapters for E38/E39/E46 Nav systems

Did you know your E38 / E39 / E46 nav system with TV Tuner has an extra AV input and a reverse camera input?

These are available on the video module in the car, but are not normally cabled (except for some E38s)

If you want, you can add RCA plugs to the cable loom to allow easy connection of a Playstation / X-Box / DVD player / Reverse Camera etc to your TV tuner in your E38 / E39 / E46 (they're all the same)..

I got some RCA cables made for me in Germany by a cable manufacturing company.

Properly, professionally crimped, with the correct BMW pins to just click in to the existing BMW connector on your Video module.

Price: $18 per cable (each)

For Reverse Camera you only need 1

For AV you need 2 (1 for Audio, 1 for Video)

Let me know if you want these cables, I have had a limited quantity made

Available for pickup in Mt Eden, happy to fit for you too if you bring your car.

Cheers, Jochen

Added AV and Reverse Camera to a 740i today. Very easy to do.

Note that the Reverse Camera is NTSC, even when rest of system is PAL

Luckily, this 740i owner was getting a reverse camera ex USA, so he'll be fine.

Cheers, Jochen

Hi Jochen - your posts and information is great. I notice an email a while back stated that you had some av leads to plug into the tv tuner. I have a 99 E46 with nav and wish to install this cable and maybe even the tv in motion cable for my ipod - (as you have).

Do you still have these available and are still in Mt Eden - I'm just on the shore (NZ) and would like to purcgase one from you if possible.

Best regards

Scott

Hey Scott,

You may not have noticed that this thread is from July 2006 :)

Jochen is now back in Europe but still and active member, so Im sure he will be along to give you an answer at some stage.

[e] In the meantime do some searching on the site and Im sure you'll be able to answer some more questions about what is and what isnt possible with the tv/nav in your car.

Edited by Penry

Hey Scott,

You may not have noticed that this thread is from July 2006 :)

Jochen is now back in Europe but still and active member, so Im sure he will be along to give you an answer at some stage.

[e] In the meantime do some searching on the site and Im sure you'll be able to answer some more questions about what is and what isnt possible with the tv/nav in your car.

Thanks Penry - Ill look into it more - cheers

You should be able to DIY one up osi

You should be able to DIY one up osi

I cbf playing with cars anymore. Have more important things to do with time :P

Gone are the days where I would spend hours and hours DIY'ing mods on my cars. lol, now it's just easier (time = money) to pay to get things done :P

Edited by OSiRiS