Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Quality e30 strut braces

HIGH QUALITY BMW E30 STRUT BRACES

For use with e30 road, track, drag, and show

Special Bimmersport Price: $365

These Strut braces have been designed and engineered in NewZealand by an experienced expert alloy welder in conjunction with several racecar engineers and myself specifically for use on e30 road, track, race and show cars. They are very strong ( ) and ultra light, using the highest quality alloys, and are much stronger and stiffer than other imported braces. Infact we believe we provide the strongest braces by far in the market! You can be sure that quality and strength has not been compromised! As you can see we have not compromised on anything .our pricing is very good for this unit. I’m really happy with them and I’m sure you will be too.

This brace is designed to reduce that jittery feeling when travelling around a bumpy corner. Our Front Upper Strut Braces tie together the two front upper strut towers, significantly reducing flex in the forward part of the chassis. This results in a much more stable feel during cornering and over road imperfections. Our strut tower braces will increase the handling capabilities of your BMW E30 by eliminating strut tower deflection and increasing chassis rigidity.

The brace can be installed at home with simple hand tools in less than 20 minutes.

Pix are having trouble loading

Pix are having trouble loading

email pix to e30chris@gmail.com

Alloy welding looks good.

Couple of questions

1. The nuts holding down the brace to the towers are only threaded half way up the nut (at least thats the way they appear in the pic) Will they tighten up along the thread some more?

2. Is there any lateral movement at all in the hinges?

Whoa good eyes! They tighten up about 3/4 the way up the nut when fully tightend

there is next to no lateral movement at all.

cheers good questions

I have 5 left in this first batch, and are going quick :thumb: more will be availible

if they sell well.

I dont want this to seem picky as your should be applauded for actually getting out and doing something to meed the need of us BMW drivers. But - I would like to see the plates modified so that the nuts do up along the complete length of the thread. From the looks of your picks there is a gap between the bottom of the plate and the tower, by reducing this (not sure how) a bit more thread could be contacted by the nuts. The thickness of the plate could also possibly be reduced if this isnt possible. Also, in my opinion, there could be wof issues or comebacks in the case of an accident if full thread contact isnt made due to the higher possibility of the nuts coming loose.

Re the lateral movement - there needs to be absolutley no lateral movement at all over the lifetime of the bar.

You are onto a good thing with this product and the price is very attractive. If those items could be looked at then you can count me in as a buyer.

Edited by ducatiss

This is my demo brace before the altercations were made :D i can assure you they will tighten up fully. i have skimmed the bottom plate down 2mm since that photo ;) once you tighten up the locking nuts there is no flex or lateral movement whats so ever

Edited by drifty325i

Hi, does that mean that the nuts do up past the thread now, should be at least 2 threads above the nut? Interested if they perform, do you do rear strut braces as well, if so, how much? Thanks.

They do up to the top of the thread mate, but on mine i have ditched the factory

nuts and im using locking nuts ^_^ . no i dont do the rear braces as yet.

I think that they look good. Nice effort, good luck with making a few sales.

As for the people worrying about the lateral movement (due to the hinges), this should not be a worry, Racing Dynamics strut braces use a similar hinged arrangement, and they make a good strut brace.

Cheers

Grant

Thankyou for your comments grant, if your after one just give me a pm

cheers

I have 3 strut braces left guys, they are fully finished all set ready to go on your beema B)

Just had 3more braces finished and ready. These are a great strut brace and work very very well, make a big difference especially to lowered e30s

Any thought about struts that have been rotated?

Excuse my ingnorance but What do you mean rotated Carl ?

a little girl waits....

answer the question carl

a little girl waits....

answer the question carl

and waits.....:) any others that want a brace?