Sign in to follow this  
stuart76

E30 5 stud conversion

Hi guys, Im hoping to do a 5 stud conversion on my e30 track car. I understand you can use z3 or ti rear end but on the fronts, people use e36 struts and it puts the geomety out. I have height adjustable platforms already so i want to keep my struts and was wondering if any 5 stud wheel bearing assemblys would be a direct fit onto the stub axle of an e30 (non m3). Any help???

I am using E36 M3 front uprights on mine, but as I am making the bottom arms and struts, I can put the wheel wherever I want.

No hubs that I know of are a direct swap, and if there were I am sure all of the various BMW forums would have this mod up there. A couple of options I can think of, get an engineering shop to plug/weld one of the holes and redrill to 5 stud, if there is a large enough diameter on the standard hubs to allow this. Or find a wheel bearing with the same ID as the Bimmer part, and have new hubs machined out of solid. Not a supercheap way, but at least you get to keep your standard struts. Perhaps check out late Commodore front hubs- similar looking to BMW ones and same stud pattern (5x120)- bit of a longshot but worth a look! :thumb:

Edited by conrod

i have a ti rear end and e36 struts/hubs etc .

ph 021433600 or 2997389