Sign in to follow this  
buzzlightyear

325i Clutch

i just did a 325i conversion and used my 320i clutch. the clutch is slipping hugely. called couple of places and they say that the clutchs are the same which is a bit odd considering the power diff from a 320i and 325i just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a heavy duty 2.5 something that can take alot of dropping and stuff. any help be really appriciated.

they are the same..your 320 one prob buggered though...anyway there a place on archers road that sells LuK clutch kits...around 250 for the full kit. disc/pp/to bearing and pilot tool....quality seems fine too.

also check your rear main seal isnt leaking oil onto the clutch and causing it to slip..has happened before

Yeah, just got my kit from European parts in Ryan Plc, Manukau City, as above includes locating pin, $225 incl GST. Luk, made in South Africa, seems OK.

Luk, made in South Africa, seems OK.

I can vouch for the quality of the LUK clutches, I would easily have fitted 100+ LUK kits with no failures, but then I always had the flywheel skimmed as part of the replacement.

Will

yea its a brand new flywheel from germany had to get the bloody thing cause of the motronic. its only slipping up the top of the revs and just did open road and in top gear foot flat at 100 just pulls away but not exactly quickly and then starts to smell like clutch.

Talk to Kevin at ABC on the northshore [Auckland Brake & Clutch] they are the importers of LUK from South Africa

Just a thought, the LUK clutches come with a coating on the pressure plate face which you must remove before assembling, come off with petrol. You did remove it..?

Just a thought, the LUK clutches come with a coating on the pressure plate face which you must remove before assembling, come off with petrol. You did remove it..?

they do? i never had a problem with mine...i imagine any sort of coating would just burn off with the friction?

i imagine any sort of coating would just burn off with the friction?

no coating would stand a chance with your driving Gus !!!! :o

no coating would stand a chance with your driving Gus !!!! :o

true story :D

true story :D

are there any uprated m20 clutches available locally ?

for m20 turbo application....

locally? not as far as i know, but www.bmw2002.com has sprung and unsprung pucked clutch discs which i hear good things about...stock pressure plate?