Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

E30 Diff into E36 318 TI

Well I finally got round to it (thanks to Andy for the diff) For those who dont know my ride is a '97 E36 Mtech 318 TI which I've fitted an M52 2.8 litre and 5 speed auto. The car runs great now with the new diff, still got sh*t loads of grunt, but the gearchanges are more pleasant. The ECM gives smoother changes from load signals from the air mass sensor and driveshaft speed sensor being more in line with the 328I the units came out of. The '97 E36 328I ran a 3.64 ratio. It wasn't straight forward though. The half shafts on an E30 are longer and the bolt holes and configurations are different, so I had to swap the shafts over, which involved removing and inner dust slinger and retaining the outer. Regroove circlip grooves and I fitted new E36 side seals. I also swapped the speedo sensor, the pins are different. Economy will probably be better as well now, cause I don't have to fang it to get smooth changes. No more 12345 its 1.....2.....3....4....5

Cheers

Glenn