Sign in to follow this  
M325is

How far can you go?

my M325i 'vert shows around 7.6l/100 on open road regularly on the OBC, and, NO, I don't drive like Rog.... :)

my M325i last open road consumption according to OBC was 8.1l/100.

both above using cruise control when no need to get past the "resthome drivers", but cruising just below 110.

wifey's M40 318 manual did 11.7km/l last fillup around town and does around 14km/l on open road.

don't want to discuss my 320 auto consumption, 320 manual is around 9km/l on the open road and hell heavy around town, probably 7km/l..

I can go from Picton to Chch on just over 30 bucks of gas. About 1/3 a tank at the time. That's nearly 350km

That's in my 318IS manual with 19 inch wheels and it's hell light with no sound deadening or carpet.

Only raced on a few parts of the trip

Average 13.8l/100kms around town.

Gets down to 10-11l/100kms open road.

My drive to work is only 10km each way but in CHCH with more traffics lights per capita than any where else in the world (my own fact you might want to dispute) I have to stop and start around 12 times. Pulling away from the lights and accelerating really chews the gas up. I've been told though I have a heavyish foot.

I can easily drop down into the 17l/100kms if the traffic is even less kind.

I went to Akaora for the weekend just been. I don't know what the fuel consumption was and I don't care! It was a fantastic drive. The hill is so much fun!

The 1990 535is loves the open road!

Edited by bezzal

Average 13.8l/100kms around town.

Gets down to 10-11l/100kms open road.

My drive to work is only 10km each way but in CHCH with more traffics lights per capita than any where else in the world (my own fact you might want to dispute) I have to stop and start around 12 times. Pulling away from the lights and accelerating really chews the gas up. I've been told though I have a heavyish foot.

I can easily drop down into the 17l/100kms if the traffic is even less kind.

I went to Akaora for the weekend just been. I don't know what the fuel consumption was and I don't care! It was a fantastic drive. The hill is so much fun!

The 1990 535is loves the open road!

OH yea....I can get under 10l 100ks on the "motorway" to Upper Hutt but if i have to stop start it absolutely kills the consumptionI think my average for that trip plus the hill at home makes my average 11.8 but i frequent ly never go over 3000 rpm during the week.I truly beleive a constant 3000 3500 rpm would yeild better consumption than 2250 2500rpm

Round town driving between 12.5 and 13.4 l/100km, on the open road cruising at 110-120, 9.0l/100km

Wife in '92 E36 325i around town, lucky to get 300km on 55 litres!

Me in Ford Territory around town, 16 l/100km

Me in the old M5 when I had it, 14 l/100km around town.

I want my M5 back!!!!

Round town driving between 12.5 and 13.4 l/100km, on the open road cruising at 110-120, 9.0l/100km

Thats pretty good Cain,I guess your "round town" is not too stop start?

17.2l/100km around town reading on the OBC at the moment.

2.3l 4cylinder ftw.

Ha, I see thats worse consumption than a 4x4.

17.2l/100km around town reading on the OBC at the moment.

2.3l 4cylinder ftw.

Ha, I see thats worse consumption than a 4x4.

seems like you need some granny driving training from 'ol Jazzbass... :o

I live in Auckland (according to the news, we've got horrid traffic) obviously from someone whose never driven around London for a day, but yes, it would hardly get out in rush-hour. If Deb is stuck in traffic around Tamaki drive, she's found that idling in 1st or 2nd is good enough to keep up with traffic.

You can make me an offer Jock.

Edited by cainchapman

I recently did a work trip down to rotorua, took my own car ... 323i .. 250Km each way plus some round town had to fill up when i'd done about 680K ... but for round town driving ... i get around 450 per tank

I live in Auckland (according to the news, we've got horrid traffic) obviously from someone whose never driven around London for a day, but yes, it would hardly get out in rush-hour. If Deb is stuck in traffic around Tamaki drive, she's found that idling in 1st or 2nd is good enough to keep up with traffic.

You can make me an offer Jock.

I'll do a straight swap for Gus's old 325!! :) Seriously though, don't tempt me.

Ive just done Wellington to Taupo to Hamilton to Tokoroa to Turangi to Wellington, so thats what....1200 km's give or take and overall my mpg was 25.9 (around 11 in todays money I think) and just over a tank and a half of gas at 150 dollars a tank.

Much better than the 14mpg I get poodling around Wellington in first and second gears. It was interesting to find out that 4h gear at 4000 revs is a needle's width shy of 200kph....so Im told.

1994 540iS

8-9L /100k cruising,

Round town, dunno yet, still enjoying the power too much to let it drop much below 30 on the gauge ;)

I just managed to use 65 litres going from Gisborne to Whakatane via East Cape today. Just over 400km in total. Managed to get to Opotiki in 4 hours 20 minutes, after stopping in Whangara (Marae and missing turnoff), Tolaga Bay (wharf, toastie and pie) an somewhere else (takeaway coffee). Good drive, they should rename it Special Stage 35, not State Highway 35. Perfect for an Evo 9! Not so flash in a Falcon Wagon. Cruised at 110kph, when I could actually get up to it.

sorry for bumping old thread.

Drive to Northland in a 328i auto.

Total distance = 1194 kms

Petrol used = 107.5L

Fuel consumption = 9L/100km or 31mpg

I think it could be better but I wasn't nannying the right foot.

Usual city consumption = 13.5L/100km

most ive ever had was when my car was auto and and i did about 600km but most of it was open road, round town and manual, with me at the wheel not much

hey question.. which type of gearbox helps with petrol consumption??

i cant really compare my manual experience with my auto as all the cars ive driven are of a different nature i.e. manuals: civic, hilux, integra etc.. autos: bma, civic (different engine), lexus etc..

I get around 600k's to $90 of 95 in a manual E36 318iS Coupe when being reasonably gentle (I can go from Tauranga-Auckland and back plus a little driving around in Auckland for ~$80)

Little heavier on the right foot though, and about 350k-400k to a tank ($90-95 of 95)

Used to be able to squeeze that kinda mileage out of a 2L turbo Nissan.

But the E36 is nicer to drive.

I just went to Whakatane via the Kaimais and back via Rotorua (Ngongotaha). 4.3hrs and 415kms of driving.

Still have half tank left :D

What tire pressures are you guys using tho?

I'm at 41psi all round which is probably helping. ;)

32-34 psi, 41 seems a bit high?

I've been varying my pressures and for 225/40/18, 41 is just about right. I've been down to 38psi but it didn't feel right going into the corners. so far I can't see any wear issues but I'll be rotating them soon and checking for premature tire wear in the centre.

I think that the reason I need such high pressures is because the Toyo's I have probably have a very soft sidewall (known issue with toyos).