Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Alpino Mags

Surely these aren't genuine....especially when he cant even spell Alpina. And it's not like 'a' and 'o'

are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Alpino wheels

I agree it still is a good price.

It doesnt have the dish on the rear wheels though and thats what makes alpinas look mint in my opinion.

tasteful 18's for $450?? that's a good deal in anyones opinion.

Selling because the tread wore down????? sh*t I hope she/he buys some genuine Alpina's next time - I'll buy them when the tread wears down.

They are genuine and if you have an e36 you would be stupid to not buy them at that price. They have all the correct markings on the inside and the part numbers are all correct.

The reason they dont have the lip is because they are the newer version of Alpina wheels that didnt have a lip.

Judging by the emails Ive had from the guy he has very little clue as to what they are. They have apparantly come off a 96 e36 which has the Alpina front spoiler aswell.

There have been several items that Ive seen on Trademe sell for peanuts because the buyer couldnt spell the name correctly. There was a hand made Eisenmann twin exhaust for my 740 12 months ago (value about 3k) for 500 dollars because the guy thought the lettering was riseman and he had no idea what it was.

If someone is serious about them Id be asking more questions, especially why someone with a Alpina'd three is pulling it apart to sell in pieces, but otherwise Id be in there like a shot if I could use them.

Edited by martyyn

Cheers martyn for the info.

I told the guy he could get way more but he didn't seem to fazed about it.

Is it difficult to fit 18's on an e30? After the 5 lug conversion..........

I told the guy he could get way more but he didn't seem to fazed about it.

Why tell a complete stranger on trademe that they could get way more than they are asking :banghead:

Just slap the money in his hand, thank him for the trade and stick those babies on your car.

Glenn, I would consider it if it didnt cost the best part of 1500 to do the 5lug conversion in the first place !

In hindsite probably not one of the smartest things i've done.

I would be buying them but I thought that a 5-lug conversion would be more round the 500 dollar mark? $1500 Doesnt really seem worth it.

In hindsite probably not one of the smartest things i've done.

I would be buying them but I thought that a 5-lug conversion would be more round the 500 dollar mark? $1500 Doesnt really seem worth it.

Depends what you are doing it for!!!!

Obviously just to fit some alpina's isn't the most sensible reason.

If it were a trackday car, the bigger E36 brakes would be another good reason.

If you shocks were rooted and need replacing anyway.

Then the likes of cheap alpina's would be the icing on the cake really!!!

Guest Spargo

If it were a trackday car, the bigger E36 brakes would be another good reason.

I think E30's demand big wheels, especially M-tec kitted cars. I'll be keeping a weather eye on this auction, but it will easily head over 1500 at the end of the day I fear.

They are taking off, a minute to go and they are just over a grand

[edit]

Auction just finished, went to a guy who has bought two other sets of BMW alloys in the last couple of months for 1170.

A couple of things would be a concern, one is that he says they came off an e36 but the Alpina stuff Ive found on the web tell me they are for e46. Are they interchangable ?

Also that the part numbers mentioned are 17' not 18'

Still if I had something to put them on I wouldve had them

Edited by martyyn

E46 & E36 can use the same wheels - I think their offsets are very similar, if not identical. They were genuine Alpinas, I saw close up photos of the centre - they had the Alpina stamp. Not bad, with a lip they'd be real nice. I think they're quite heavy though.