Sign in to follow this  
buzzlightyear

325i

just recently did 325i conversion then later on will be turbo charging it. when i first got it in it really seemed like a weapon in the wet not it just seems really slow like something has shat it self. my friend also has noticed the huge drop in performance rather frustrating! just wondering is this common or does anyone know what the hell this drop in performance is? any help be really appreciated and any info on turbo charging be awsome too cheers.

yeah it's your main cog, it's busted man.

could be any number of things

as for turbo, go to www.e30tech.com, dont ask questions, just read. and read. there enough material there to answer nearly all questions you may have...at least with more info you can be more informed to ask intelligent questions. m20s love turbo.

what you mean drop in performance? just all round? not you getting used to it? wear items?

check that your timing belt isn't a tooth out and check for air leaks into the manifold eg cracks in large intake rubber behind air flow meter etc and check air flow meter operating properly, swap with another if possible, but really could be all sorts of other things too.

Start with the timing belt though.. if it is losing teeth or loose and jumping teeth you could end up with a terminally ill engine! :o

Will

im a muppet i checked some things and all it was ,was three loose spark leads from the distrubutor. going back to its normal self. guess its what happens when your qualified diesel mechanic.