Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

Fuel Consumption: give us the dirt

Hey im curious to see what fuel consumption others are getting from their bimmers: so post what you have and what you're getting. Ill start:

Used to have an e32 740i auto, that got an average of 11.2L/100km <not typo :blink:

The runabout e30 318i auto got 10.2L/100km before the air/fuel sensor went... gotta get that fixed <_<

And teh e39 528i manual (now with K&N panel filter) gets 8.8L/100km with a fair bit of city involved :D

5 averages about 10 i think. The rager rocks only bout $15 a week in diesel and thats bout 50kms a day. Lovin it.

mine depends alot on the driving, between 7-8 on open road and as bad as 11 if its just driving round the corner to the supermarket and back.

Not great economy really given lack of go, but it is getting pretty old now. (260km)

I got better fuel economy before I put a CAI and exhaust on, dunno what that means regarding performance.

87 318i BTW

Edited by petone

98' E36 323i (2.5 litre) -> 12.1 l/100 km

60-70% city in Auckland

We just had one of these threads here.

I have a e30 318 manual Went from palmerston north to owrea with some auckland running and got 6.8 litres to 100km filled up and got the same on the return trip.Don't think I could get bmw claim of 6.5 though!

Drive 155km from cental Auckland to Miranda hot springs and back

Windy road there, motorway back

Easy driving, crusie control on as much as possible.

My 4.4L V8 540i did 11.7L/100km which I think is good.

Jochen

I found this economy E36 thats got you guys beat [with petrol consumption]

It's a bit down in horsepower though!

post-1015-1155550776_thumb.jpg

10l/100km between Wellington and Auckland, not too bad, a cheap trip.

13l/100km in my 5.5 V8 Mercedes, 25l/100km around town tho

Just came back from Whakapapa to Auckland, reset Trip Comp at Whakapapa, and recorded 10.7 for the ride back. That's for a 4.4l 540i V8 with 282 bhp :-)

'Best' I have managed is 36L/100km as per the OBC.

Typically around 14-15l town

7-8l country.

2.3l

Hey just interested in what kind of distance you guys with e30 325i are getting out of a tank? im getting about 410km

getting an average of about 250ks to about 50 litres with my 323 e30 and the mrs is getting about 450ks to 55 litres in the 323 e36 but I like to mash the pedal down hard afterall gas is gas, if I cared about consumption I'd be driving a smartcar(70+mpg)......and afterall it's better than my dinosaur Falcon that is lucky to get 3.5 mpg on the motorway with a gradual downhill, tail wind and a feather foot on the gas pedal.............not to mention that I only get 3000ks out of a set of rear tyres.........

'Best' I have managed is 36L/100km as per the OBC.

Typically around 14-15l town

7-8l country.

2.3l

Best! I like it...

My best was when i reset my obc at the gas station ...its uphill from there to home i cant remember the exact numbers but the traffic was busy and the gaps small and it was over 40L/100ks

I just did this (have never really looked at fuel consumption before), and in the E36 323i in 100% city driving (basically to and from work) I used 12.02l per 100km.

This was prbably better than I was expecting. This was with a mixture of pretty gentle driving, and the odd bit of spirited driving.

Cheers

Grant