Sign in to follow this  
Carl

RivaTuner

Has anyone here used RivaTuner before???

I've got the 6800 LE card and i've been reading that I can unlock it so that it runs considerably faster, would be interested to know if anyone here has done this before.

Has anyone here used RivaTuner before???

I've got the 6800 LE card and i've been reading that I can unlock it so that it runs considerably faster, would be interested to know if anyone here has done this before.

Ive not used rivatuner yet....I put a 6600 in my shuttle last night to handle the HDTV stuff Ive acquired on my LCD and it comes with it so Im sure Ill get around to it

But I have I used the overclocking functions on the 6800 in my laptop and it increased my 2005 3D marks from 3068 to 3838 and it wouldve gone higher if I couldve been bothered to bump it manually.

Edited by martyyn

DO IT, if you've running a card that isn't a GT or Pro you can unlock some hardware masked pixel pipelines and vertex shaders.

Mine was 8pp & 4vs but now is 16pp & 6vs and Oblivion is now running with a considerably higher FPS, it's quite incredible, but I do have the LE version which was supposedly the most nobbled 6800 card...hehe, now it's a GT equiv.

does it do anything for GT cards? 7600 GT in particular

My 6600 is just used for the tv/playing dvds etc, so I havent bothered with trying to speed it up.

If I play any games then I plug the laptop into the lcd and with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard I can play from anywhere :)

A friend has just bought a projector and gets a brilliant picture about 10 foot across, Im looking forward to a bit of live for speed on that !

Edited by martyyn

DO IT, if you've running a card that isn't a GT or Pro you can unlock some hardware masked pixel pipelines and vertex shaders.

Mine was 8pp & 4vs but now is 16pp & 6vs and Oblivion is now running with a considerably higher FPS, it's quite incredible, but I do have the LE version which was supposedly the most nobbled 6800 card...hehe, now it's a GT equiv.

The GT is the fully turned on model of that chip (ie: 7200, 7400, 7600, 7900 etc..) meaning that nothing is masked. The lower models (normal, XT, LE etc) are basically the GT model with bits nobbled, rivatuner basically unlocks the nobbled bits effectively making the model a GT although one has to be careful to account for the increased heat that's generated by the chip.

I unlocked mine last night and the results were wicked