Sign in to follow this  
Jamiepo

Wheel bolts

Hi, I was just wondering if the bolts on my e30 320 are right hand or left hand thread(clockwise or anti), it's just that I don't want to break them off by going in the wrong direction. Cheers.

From memory turn anti-clockwise to remove bolts. But I'd had to get this wrong so someone else ot confirm please.

normal right hand thread on wheel bolts. anticlockwise to remove them, clockwise to tighten them up. unless you have a freak car

normal right hand thread on wheel bolts. anticlockwise to remove them, clockwise to tighten them up. unless you have a freak car

I do - or at least my Dad. The Willys is RH on the left side of the car and LH on the right with a little "L" stamped on the stud end. I won't tell you the pain it caused the first time he tried to remove the wheels assuming they were all RH as he'd taken the two left wheels off already and hadn't noticed the little "L" on the rigth ones. Was really funny afterwards, but not at the time - the shed walls got a few new dents...

Edited by bravomikewhiskey