Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

My New Daily

Scored this on a $1 reserve auction on trade-me got it for $1200, and its done a certified wait for it........ 127,000 k's!!!! Its a 1972 FIAT 125, RWD, 4 spd manual, all wheel disc brakes, 1600 DOCH Dual Carb, Mint interior, resprayed 2 years ago, also has a new water pump, new generator, new starter motor, recored radiator and new clutch adn battery, clutch is a bit stiff, (Maybe twin Plate, im not sure) Bit hard to work on the engine as those frenchies have some tiny hands lol but its a good driver, took it up to devonport yesterday, all the oldies were geezing at it, haha gets attentioN!!!

post-590-1153690412_thumb.jpg

post-590-1153690431_thumb.jpg

post-590-1153690445_thumb.jpg

post-590-1153690456_thumb.jpg

isn't FIAT italian :blink:

what are you going to do with it???

turbo...

rotory....

needs sum mags on it baddy,tints then it look hell alot better.

good on yah for saving an old car...

Yea it came with some 13" mags from a later model 125i, gunna give them a clean up and stick them on, tints are on the cards to. Probably just keep it stock as a daily for now, maybe replace the cat's for better flow and rejet the carbs, i'd like to stick a rotary in it but i need to finish my E30 First!

Yea it came with some 13" mags from a later model 125i, gunna give them a clean up and stick them on, tints are on the cards to. Probably just keep it stock as a daily for now, maybe replace the cat's for better flow and rejet the carbs, i'd like to stick a rotary in it but i need to finish my E30 First!

I've got a copy of Guy Crofts Fiat/Lancia Twin Cam tuning book if you want a copy. Very good. You can get some good HP out of those engines.

I've got a copy of Guy Crofts Fiat/Lancia Twin Cam tuning book if you want a copy. Very good. You can get some good HP out of those engines.

Yea man keen as for a copy of that! Where do you live? How much you want for it?

Well, I guess the Fiat ad worked for something!

Mint ride. I wouldn't stick a rotary or anything in it, just cos its a pretty cool old car.

Very cool! Theres something similar in Keri I think, but some darling nanna owns it and has probs had it since new!

Looks mint :)

f**king tough

balla, TFB

That engine you have is one of the best engines of it's time, and is almost infinitely modifiable, depending on how much money you have of course! $1200 is a steal, look after it, make sure you keep an eye on the body- it is Italian and old!

I used to have one, heaps of fun and a great noise. Try and score some carbs like the old 125T had, I think they were side draft dellortos (40s? 45s?). They had that and some big valve heads and cams I think, went well for their day. Please don't rotor it. . . . .

I doubt it will rotor it, it had a respray about 2 years ago but the rust is popping back up in a few places, ill probably strip it back to nothing and give it another paint.

For now i want to: Tint windows

Single resonator exhaust and maybe some headers

WING MIRRORS!!!

Re-jet carbs

Full Service and tune

I will probably stick the Components and headdeack out of the e30

in it as im gunna be upgrading to alpine goodness :D

It goes pretty good considering its age, already found a place selling bits for them :D

Sweet car, they were good for 100mph in standard form which is pretty good for 1970 and considering the lack of aerodynamics!

I bought one that had so much rust in it it had moss growing on all the carpet and you could see into the boot without opening it!

I only wanted the engine though! Don't thrash the engine when cold and it will go well for a long time.

www.thompsonmotors.net.nz will have heaps of parts if you are looking.

www.turbo124.com/forum/index will give you some interesting reading.

Yea this has a bit of rust in it, no moss though :blink: I never thrash my cars when they are cold anyway. usually give them 1-2 min's to warm up depending on if im in a rush or not, yea this things pulls 150 with no struggles :D Im sure it accellerates faster from a standing start than what my 320 does :wacko: cant wait for the 325 conversion though :D

Up for sale, due to getting my car back.... will be hitting trademe next week

Up for sale, due to getting my car back.... will be hitting trademe next week

How much?

How much?

Just want back what i paid for it really $1200 and its yours. With a box of random parts, a tuning manual and 4 fiat alloy wheels with chrome/steel hubcaps (just cover the wheel nuts)