Sign in to follow this  
Gus

I can't believe it's not butter

Hahaaaa- sprung! I was going to keep it quiet, until the auction finished, less competition for me! I have no use for it, but will grab it if nobody wants to pay reasonable dough for it. Seriously cool engine, someone must want it more than me!

you reckon i could drop that sh*t into my crx? i mean i wouldnt have to change any mounts either right?

bmrx for the win

Guest Spargo

The only thing I dont like about this swap (and lets face it, we're talking E30 swaps) is tha because of the brake linkage, you can't run the motor in "position 3"

Couldn't you just run a custom pedalbox and hydraulic brakes, get rid of the E30 brake setup?

Couldn't you just run a custom pedalbox and hydraulic brakes, get rid of the E30 brake setup?

definitely the best way to go, pedal boxes are cheap now, and you get rid of all that crap BMW thingamajiggy linkage!...............

definitely the best way to go, pedal boxes are cheap now, and you get rid of all that crap BMW thingamajiggy linkage!...............

Saw it earlier today, that's a huge boost in the price Conrad! :P Interesting to see how high it will go... someone snag this for their E30!

arrgg.. so the wrong time. Well.. hmm, might see if I can borrow some cash.

Make sure you borrow enough for the , new set of extractors you will have to make $1000-$1500 (this came from a LHD) plus a ecu $1000+

plus having to swap sumps , oil pump over. modify engine mounts etc .

also will need hotwire AFM .

Hey conrod, how come he rings the rest when they leave their numbers, but gets you to keep bidding? Something to do with the dirty talk you reckon?

I was just taking the piss, everyone else asking for him to ring them!.............. I know the guy selling it and have seen the engine, and it is a goody.I would be a mug to let it go for a few grand. I don't really need it, but will own it if nobody wants to pay much for it- this is one of the all time classic BMW engines IMO, and would make an unbelievable E30 or E30 M3. Not the worlds easiest conversion for sure, but would be worth it.

conrad, just outta interest, how much are you gonna pay max? Just so I know that Im out?

Normally I would be silly to reveal that,and if I really needed it I wouldn't tell you.But seeing as you asked and I am feeling in a good mood, I am probably not going any higher than my current bid!

Edited by conrod

Guest Spargo

Normally I would be silly to reveal that,and if I really needed it I wouldn't tell you.But seeing as you asked and I am feeling in a good mood, I am probably not going any higher than my current bid!

Cam, you're only out of it when the other guy bids a dollar more than you.