Sign in to follow this  
jochen

Nav Upgrade - another update

Well today I got myself a replacement TV tuner for my E39

Tonight I have reassembled everything and the boot lining is finally back in place

Everything is working - Computer, GPS Navigation, Television, Aux Ventillation, Code and the Set screen

I decided to get an analogue TV tuner as I want it for a few trips over the next few weeks.

Freeview haven't decided on their digital format yet so I wasn't sure if the digital TV tuner would work in NZ - and as the digital tuner costs $1,500 I wanted to be sure !!

My nav system has been running sweetly ever since I fitted it an I'm really happy with its performance.

And the car is fantastic..:-)

Cheers, Jochen

Well today I got myself a replacement TV tuner for my E39

Tonight I have reassembled everything and the boot lining is finally back in place

Everything is working - Computer, GPS Navigation, Television, Aux Ventillation, Code and the Set screen

I decided to get an analogue TV tuner as I want it for a few trips over the next few weeks.

Freeview haven't decided on their digital format yet so I wasn't sure if the digital TV tuner would work in NZ - and as the digital tuner costs $1,500 I wanted to be sure !!

My nav system has been running sweetly ever since I fitted it an I'm really happy with its performance.

And the car is fantastic..:-)

Cheers, Jochen

Jochen, My Singapore import 728 has a Nav system but the CD is for Singapore. Not much use here. I'm keen to try out the NZ maps before I spring for the cost of buying a new CD. My Nav system uses the Car-In format (not i-CQ). Jerry Clayton didn't have a Car-In version for testing so I'm still looking for something to test with. StarNav (?) in Glenfield tell me they have completed a new release for 2006 and BMW have it being readied for distribution but nothing available yet. Where do you suggest I go for a test?

Thanks, Kurt.

Come to my house. I'll send you a PM

The nav system in your car WILL work, if you come to my house I can proove it to you, and make sure you have the very latest nav system software.

Jochen

Wheres the usual "cofee-break" story Jochen?:P Anyway thats awesome, pics would be good.

Good thinking with all this nav stuff. You should make a business out of it, perhaps extending to other marquees...

OK, I'll do... ummm.... Mini and Rolls Royce <grin>

Anyone know why?

Anyone know why?

I was thinking along the lines of Jap Mercs.

Anyone know why?

cos they are made by the men with leather shorts too?

Jap Mercs?

Don't know anything about them. I'm a BMW man through and through.

Hast du dass gut verstanden?