Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

Amway Crap

Interesting. Ive noticed the amway crap has come back, and slowly invading people with less than half a brain in Palmerston North. If you dont know what it is, basically a pyrimad scheme where you pay outlandish entry fees and try and sell bullshit that you have to buy first, apparently "cutting out the middle man".

Is it covering the whole of the bloody country? Know anyone else thats fallen for it?

A few of my girlfriends friends have fallen into the trap and stupidly enough, tried to get me into it by contacting me tonight. I was waiting for it...

The phone call basically went like this, (a guy I'd met once.)

Him - "Hey Sparkle! Hows it going?"

Me - "Yuh not bad thanks Russel, how are you?"

Him "Good thanks! How was your weekend?"

etc

etc

Him - "Now, just wanna chuck something out at you, me and some partners in Palmerston North are looking at creating a business oppurtunity and are looking for a couple of key partners to join"

Me- "Oh really"

Him - "Yuh! Does it sound like something you'd be interested in?"

Me - "Depending on what you mean, what is the businness called?"

Him - "?? Ltd. Its a Australian based company, web based, blah blah"

Me "Oh right, so what does the business actually do Russel?"

Him "Basically home items, and cutting out the middle man.."

Me (interupting) - "So basicially Amway?"

Him - "Uh yes, sort of, would you be interested?"

Me - "No mate, I think its a crock of sh*t"

Him - "How is it a crock of sh*t"

Me - "How you go into a pyrimad scheme paying a huge amount of money, that the people at the top get, and you dont get anything out of it"

Him - "Well thats not quite true, blah blah, get cheap BP card, only $105 joining fee"

Me - (laughing) "So where does this $105 actually go?"

Him - "It gets you setup as a business in NZ"

Me - "Not something I'd be interested in mate"

Him - "Oh so you're not interested in making money in your spare time?"

Me (laughing) "Mate, Im not interested"

Him - "Are any of your friends ambitious?"

Me (laugh harder) "Yes Russel, a lot of my friends are ambitious, but theyre not stupid"

Him - "oh ok then, well.."

Me - "I appriciate your courage mate, but thats about it, seeya."

Amway is slightly higher up the food-chain to "Kirby" Vacuum cleaners, Both companies spend their advertising budgets on 'Staff Recruitment' instead off selling their products. Both use 'Satellite' companies to disguise themselves [to get an initial introduction] eg: Homecare Systems, BSI etc.

Warning: There is a New "Pyramid Franchising" scam on the scene that promises riches, it called "PHOTOMAX", what they are selling is a computerised 'website' photo library [this will trap the Gadget Boffins] + the opportunity to stitch-up your friends

I'd rather store my photo's on disc!

Amway is relatively reputable and entirely legal. They sell reasonable products afterall. Of course they still p!ss me off when someone tries to sell their carp to me.

Pyramid schemes are different and are illegal.

I Quoted "Pyramid Franchising" not Pyramid Selling!

There is a very thin Legal difference,By direct selling it becomes legal.

The commerce commision have deemed it to be a pyramid scheme when they are selling "positions" [in the pyramid]and there is no end market, Or if there is value added "down the Tiers"until nobody in their right mind will buy the product.

Guest Andrew

Lets not forget USANA! Same sh*t, different name................

USANA has a GREAT product and a much more robust scheme than AMWAY.

If you had the time you can make an absolute killing from USANA. Not that I'd sell USANA - I do however own shares in Usana Health Sciences which have proved to be a smart investment.

They are in no way pyramid schemes and no way ilegal.

Multi-level markting is a viable business - you just need to treat it as one. They are not get rich quick schemes and a lot of effort is required to make them work.

Amway have some good products - I use some (not an Amway member, just buy off someone who is)

Usana is the same - also buy some of their products of someone I know who is a member.

As far as the company structure goes you'd have to be mad to join unless you want to make it your full time job. In which case Usana AND Amway can both earn you decent coin provided you bring the right skills and motivation to the job - alot like any job really. It's not for everyone - definately not for me.

My parents gave Amway a bash in the early 90's - it didn't pay off financially, however all the motivatinal meetings and seminars had an unexpected side-effect - they applied all the methods to their own businesses and Dad went from a one-man band to the biggest Electrical contractor north of Whangarei and Mum went from being a ward nurse to running the biggest retirement complex/hospital in the Bay of Islands area.

Amway may not be all that sound, but their "training" certainly is no matter what the business.

i don't like how half your time is spent convincing other people to join the business, ie your not actually selling f**k all! i can get the concept and see why it works, but if your going to be selling something, why not just sell it..you dont need heaps and heaps of people involved

pyramids FTL

i don't like how half your time is spent convincing other people to join the business, ie your not actually selling f**k all! i can get the concept and see why it works, but if your going to be selling something, why not just sell it..you dont need heaps and heaps of people involved

pyramids FTL

Exactly What I Said Before About Staff Recruitment

USANA has a GREAT product and a much more robust scheme than AMWAY.

If you had the time you can make an absolute killing from USANA. Not that I'd sell USANA - I do however own shares in Usana Health Sciences which have proved to be a smart investment.

They are in no way pyramid schemes and no way ilegal.

Multi-level markting is a viable business - you just need to treat it as one. They are not get rich quick schemes and a lot of effort is required to make them work.

Thank You Andrew!!! I was waiting for somebody to mention it. And in a good way. My partner Brought a position in the Usana pyramid, just one down from the top of a branch. We believe it is a very good product as we use it daily. Good money making while you sit back and enjoy. So if your wanting a slice of the good money and willing to put a small portion of time into it to begin with just PM me and I can set you up. Great Investment.

Thank You Andrew!!! I was waiting for somebody to mention it. And in a good way. My partner Brought a position in the Usana pyramid, just one down from the top of a branch. We believe it is a very good product as we use it daily. Good money making while you sit back and enjoy. So if your wanting a slice of the good money and willing to put a small portion of time into it to begin with just PM me and I can set you up. Great Investment.

^^ at the bottom of the pyramid :P

haha

My old lady does AVON, mainly to get cheap sh*t for her and her mates but yuh dont really make anything off it...

Has anyone looked at the pyramid we all work in? Or perhaps a military system, or perhaps our government?

Does any of these systems you are engagued in give you the opportunity to create your own pyramid with you at the top?

Sweet dreams.

Does any of these systems you are engagued in give you the opportunity to create your own pyramid with you at the top?

Sweet dreams.

Some do, but most don't give that opportunity. That is why I started working for myself, not an easy path to the top of my own "pyramid" but possible nonetheless!

Guest Andrew

USANA does NOT have a pyramid - so you are never at the "bottom" - You can however be at the top (USANA Head Office)

It works differently.

But like everyone has said - they need to be treated as a full time business if you want to make a full time wage from them.

Some do, but most don't give that opportunity. That is why I started working for myself, not an easy path to the top of my own "pyramid" but possible nonetheless!

owning and running your own business, you're still a tier in the grand pyramid of the world.

If pyramid schemes were bullshit they wouldn't exist, they are a valid business opportunity for the right people, the right people are not your average you and i obviously.

Me personally, waaaay too lazy to even consider joining up to such a thing, let alone make any money out of it. Plus I'd feel guilty trying to get friends to join up- if you rub them up the wrong way, it's a great way to make people dislike you. Someone gave me a DVD of one of the 'pyramid' type companies, I think it was OmegaTrend or something, was like a huge cult, Utah stz. Not up my alley, but good on you guys who make some dough out of it.