Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Gear stick help please

Hey heres a dumb question.My brother bought me a new gear stick cover doohdaah thing and when i went to put it on i couldnt get th standard bmw 1 off.i tryd screwing it off etc but its stiff and i dont wnt to break it.Its probly a screw and im just being a girl but yeh any help would be apreciated thanks

1. Get Gus Over.

2. Pull.

3. Eat some black meat.

i wonder how i get involved in this

i like it

as andy says, pull hard, and be sure not to whack yourself in the face. you wouldnt be the first

i wonder how i get involved in this

i like it

as andy says, pull hard, and be sure not to whack yourself in the face. you wouldnt be the first

Ahhhhhh, is that how my nose got so big?

HAHAHHA thanks guys i would never have thought of that and yeh i probly would have wacked myself in the face.cant be half as bad as wacking ur self with a steering wheel but hey.

Posted Today, 09:35 PM

HAHAHHA thanks guys i would never have thought of that and yeh i probly would have wacked myself in the face.cant be half as bad as wacking ur self with a steering wheel but hey.

lol steering wheel pawnage sucks!!!

Allright heres part number 2 of dumbarse questions.I pulled the main shifter doodaah off but theres like a plastic bracket kinda thing on it.Will tht come off and leave me with a thread to put a momo(yes real momo) screw on stick or will i have to buy a special 1 for a bmw.

Cheers

nope...bmw shift levers arent threaded

probably easier to get a BMW shift knob..but let us know how you go..sure there are ways around it

Oh that sucks lol.Guess i could butcher it off and use a die or sumthing and put a thread on?or glue(joking).

plastic bracket kinda thing on it.

sounds like you pulled the gearknob off and left the guts of it behind. That plastic thingey should come off if it is the inside bit of the gearknob..

Maybe a pic of this mysterious plastic bit thingey would help diagnose your latest dilemma?

Will

Lol yeh its basicly the "guts" if u will.ie the inside of the knob is hollow.Yeh got a lot of dillemas as i know sh*t obut bmw's lol

We shall call you the 'Apprentice'

May the shwartz be with you :ph34r: