Sign in to follow this  
aenima

Tips to help secure my car

I'm heading overseas shortly for 4 weeks and I'm just wanting some ideas to help make my car more secure for when I'm gone.

The only idea thats sprung to mind so far is to leave it with a near empty fuel tank, any other ideas? I have a 4 star alarm but I know that would only detour a "pro" for a few mins.

Cheers

remove the driveshaft.

^^^ what he said ^^^

or take steering wheel off etc...

Or leave it on blocks in a garage with the wheels in your house, cant go nowhere with no wheels!!! :ph34r:

Disconnect the ht lead from the coil to the distribtor. works a charm

Build a moat

or alternatively .. I dont think the car can run without the instrument cluster, you could remove that. Takes about 10mins to take out tops.

Edited by E30stz

or alternatively .. I dont think the car can run without the instrument cluster, you could remove that. Takes about 10mins to take out tops.

mine does. And I've driven one of wills without an ic.

If you are hardout unbolt the dizzy cap and filch the rotor. unbolt the steering wheel, etc. Doesn't stop it being towed however. Leave it at a mates who can keep an eye on it iis the best bet - make sure you trust them first tho lol.

remove distributor, remove tires ( put em inside your house) take steering wheel off, remove fuel tank, remove seats, and remove gear box.. that should guarantee your cars safety LOL!!

Thanks for all your replies.

At this stage I'll remove the steering wheel and remove the spark plugs.... and to stop it being towed or rolled anywhere, what about threading a long chain through each of the mags?? :lol:

Of course, the moat idea could be a much safer option...

Cheers guys

cyanide under the door handles.

if ur really paranoid about your car getting hitched by some kid.. why not rig the whole car to explode .. HHAHHA that way its a sure bet noone will be joy riding in your car

Remove dizzy rotor ( a ploy ) and leave HT leads as per normal. Get old plugs and smack the ends to no gap. Get an old dizzy cap and basterize it if you have to get the carbon centre out of it, or better still, isolate it with rubber ( under the spring ). This way hopfully they won't easily spot it. Isolate coil neg with a piece of rubber and put wire back on so you dont know its there. ( all above take 15 mins boozed time ) Example, plugs missing they will just slap new ones in and check cap/rotor thinking you are so smart and sneaky. Replace coil HT with a known dud, leaving everything looking as if it should be there.

In saying that, fit a kill switch ( and not obvious as in a huge wire to the kill switch from the engine bay that a idiot would say 'whats that huge wire there, it looks new compared to the shitty wiring ) also and make sure it's in such a wanky place that you need to be super flexable like our mate sic to find it :)

If it's not injected, remove fuel line to carb and ram a stud or something down there to stop fuel flow. You know it's there, so a easy remove is, well easy.

Got a single spinner? get a old axle and chop the spline off it and put that back in.

Seriously, if you are that worried, and have no secure storage, hire a storage or get your garage to store it while you are away.

The key is to make it look 'normal' and untampered. Thieves are smart, but no rocket scientists.

I can rig your car to give a brazzilion volts to who ever touches it. Or my favourite, a brazzilion amps. Video the is a must.

park car on steel plate connect the phase wire from extension lead (from a plug in the wall 240 volts) to the body of the car and the neutral to the plate , remove the fuse at the mains board and replace with a 4" nail......shocking or place claymore mine under the car facing in the direction of the drivers door leave the door unlocked connect trip wire to door handle and run accross hte seat and through the shifter hole connecting to the claymore. Pace big sign on window protected by 'mine' alarm remove safety pin and leave the country

You're only going away for a short time. IMO - safe storage is worth the cost for peace of mind. Why spoil your holiday worrying about your car? Worry about terrorists instead... :)

Whoa well I've got plenty of ideas now! Hah yeh I should be able to not worry about my car, but we've had alot of burgerlies around this area in the last few months so want that peace of mind.

Worry about terrorists instead... :)

:lol: Yeh I should be thinking of ways to not get blown up in mid air instead... I should be safe flying emirates, muslim airline and all... I'm going to dubai and a bit of europe, looking forward to it

CHEERS EVERYONE