Sign in to follow this  
MADBMA

clutch replacement

94 e36 318is m42

ok so any i blew up my clutch, took it down to hutt city europeans on wensday, they quoted me $870.00, 475 + gst for clutch kit and 300 + gst for labour said it be ready thursday, well its thursday now i rang the guy he told me the clutch was a complete mess, and the fly wheel is much the same, hes trying to get hold of a guy in wellington to machine the flywheel, i always thought you didnt put the old flywheel back on? instead replace it with what came in the kit? its a dual mass flywheel and i always thought the kit contains one, he said that it would cost me 1800 for a new one sent in from germany, quite at a loss what to do as im pretty sure your not spose to put the old flywheel back on.

You can only use the existing flywheel if it is in good condition,it never comes with a clutch kit.

Unfortunatly dualmass flywheels are delicate and fcuking expensive and often cant be machined to any great degree.

Time for that lightened flywheel from the States maybe,otherwise try ringing an independent BMW parts supplier for a better price.

dude, clutch kits dont come with flywheels..they are expensive

i cant see how bad the damage is over the internet, but i imagine that it should be able to be machined...it should be machined anyway

hmmm ok cheers guys, ill see what happens over the next few days if it cant be machined maybe i put a different engine in it as 1800 for a new clutch is just over the top, and someone on here had a new engine for 900 plus what ever he will want for the gearbox and clutch stuff, or my other option is to do a M20 flywheel conversion if the mechanics willing to do it, i dont have the tools. ill let you huys no what happens