Sign in to follow this  
savvi

supension or steering issues others might have had b 4

im just wondering if any one as experienced the same probs as i am having at mo, 1st thing, there is a rattle coming from the rear of the car sounds very simalair to a chain rattling when ur towing a trailor only happens when going over bumps an road inperfections so it happens all the time. 2nd thing, there is a knocking noise when if finished releasing the clutch in reverse

the same noise is happening just cruising down the road and when turnig corners under load, the noise is coming from the front right suspension or steering componants, cant seem to see anything wrong or out of place, anyone have any ideas what it could b, thanks

Maybe your that wasted that your hearing sh*t that's not actually happening... :D f**k I do that heap's... :wacko:

Maybe your that wasted that your hearing sh*t that's not actually happening... :D f**k I do that heap's... :wacko:

dont wast my time with stupid comments like that :angry:

Control arm bushes are known to wear, also the suspension bushes.

Put it on a hoist and check them all, replace any that are worn, Front and rear.

With knocking noises like that should be easy to spot

As for the knock - I was thinking the same as jochen - could even be raer trailing arm bushes.

The jingle noise is something I had. For me it was just the locking sleeve on the prop shaft that ensures the spline stays together had undone itself and when I went over a bump it would off-bablance it, it would jingle for a second till it started spinning the same speed as the prop shaft again and go away. 10 minute fix to remove heatsheilding, tighten it and done.

thanks 4 your help guys, found out that it was the half shaft needing replaced , then got told i need to replace the a arm as well

because its bent and gave the tyre 3.5 negative camber with toe out also, not happy but its gotta be done