Sign in to follow this  
danutt

not again i hope...

ok i drive a 318i m40 auto and i have a problem with it at the moment, ive had the box replaced before, this is its second

the car pulls away fine and shifts gears all good no problem at all ...when its cold and early on in driving

after driving a little while it acts like you have a manual and are releasing the clutch slowly

it takes at about 2400rpm but only at pulling away, the rest of the gears shift fine

seems to be a tad worse when loaded

i checked the fluid levels and it was slightly low so i put about a litre in and the levels are good now but the problem is still there

is something maybe sticking in the box or the cable itself?or worse?

ive not encountered the problem today yet but i have a been pulling away very lightly

please help

thank you

ok i drive a 318i m40 auto and i have a problem with it at the moment, ive had the box replaced before, this is its second

the car pulls away fine and shifts gears all good no problem at all ...when its cold and early on in driving

after driving a little while it acts like you have a manual and are releasing the clutch slowly

it takes at about 2400rpm but only at pulling away, the rest of the gears shift fine

seems to be a tad worse when loaded

i checked the fluid levels and it was slightly low so i put about a litre in and the levels are good now but the problem is still there

is something maybe sticking in the box or the cable itself?or worse?

ive not encountered the problem today yet but i have a been pulling away very lightly

please help

thank you

Manual conversion should be your next way to go dude. Auto's are never maintain like they should be. Therefore 2nd hand one's are the same..f**ked.

so basically your saying you should have listened to us?

ok so what i need now(great change of subject i might add)are all the neccessary parts for a manual conversion??

how much is it possible to get all the parts for and maybe someone on here has all of them for me??

Manual conversion usually goes for around $700 - 850. Then you will need to spend roughly another $500 or so on new parts to replace any worn ones, bearings etc. Plus your time to put it in.

I'm thinking you'll be needing

Gearbox (getrag 240?)

Flywheel

Spigot bearing

Clutch kit Incl release bearing

Clutch master and slave cylinder's and line's

Pedal box and componants

Centre console etc.

I'm no mechanic so correct me if I'm wrong please.

I'm thinking you'll be needing

Gearbox (getrag 240?)

Flywheel

Spigot bearing

Clutch kit Incl release bearing

Clutch master and slave cylinder's and line's

Pedal box and componants

Centre console etc.

I'm no mechanic so correct me if I'm wrong please.

ok i need a box and all the neccessary parts anyone got this for me ? i will buy it from you asap as long as im assured its all the parts needed im getting a mechanic to do the conversion itself i wont try i did replace the auto box myself but nope not doing the manual conv myself so yea please anyone whos got all the gear in a good condition and fully functional pm me thanks alot and please post more comments or advice

Where are you?

There is a manual conversion thread on here and another on r3v with a full parts list. (but part numbers are for m20)

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Don't forget the manual driveshaft, can be a bugger to source. The getrag 240 box is correct, but make sure it's for the M40, as the M10 box doesn't fit.

car still drives but is standing untill the parts have been found,where can i get all these parts...putting in is no problem because im not doing it so all i need to do is find a box and parts someone here has got to have all the parts or know someone with them thanks for all the input so far