Sign in to follow this  
Docile

Uh oh:$

oh well i did a boo boo..

did an engine wash yesterday... it started fine that day then while driving around for like 4 hours after the engine wash i felt that the car was trembling/vibrating a bit on idle. i said it must be just some water somewhere.. engine heat will evaporate it enough. then this morning i tried starting the car and its having a hard time starting. battery and starter motor all good.. takes about 8 seconds on the key turn to start it.

i checked the engine for wet spots and nada.. although i opened all the spark plug sockets and found out that one was wet.. i dried it out with an air compressor and towel.. but still its having a hard time starting.

car: e36 coupe 95 320i

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Docile

oh yeah i did cooling system flush too.. change coolant and water but doubt thats the cause of the problem

Edited by Docile

Sounds electrical - check all leads/HT wires, and spray engine start on the connectors as suggested by petone.

Once it all dries out properly you should be OK - but there's a good chance there is still water in the system even afer 24 hours

post in right forum

note to andy: THIS is why im needed as a mod!

WD40 is your friend

either that or any good dewatering spray like the marine crc.....if you're still having problems, start the car at night while peering into the engine bay you may be able to isolate any shorts(remember do it in a dark place NOT directly under a street light) then y purchase a silicone based product from any good motorbike shop similar to tyre silicon (Use it on road bikes especially at the begining of winter to stop your exact problem)that you can coat the electricals in which should eliminate your problems (dont use tyre silicon that sh*t attracts the dust and can be quite aggressive on vaccum hoses!!!!!)

High pressure cleaning of an engine bay isn't the best idea if you can move it with the garden hose best get your rubber gloves on and use some elbow grease!!!!!or leave it diiirrty the way I like em!!

oh my bad... please move to the right area:$

oh man.. my dad was driving my car today and he said it stalled on him twice while he was driving. and at one point the car would not go over 2000 rpm..

iim starting to think this is more than a watered down engine. might have a look at the sparky. and probably the fuel filter and pump. :angry:

water dispersant on all electrical terminals and fuses... inox is the shiz.

I dont know E36's at all, but clear the ignition system of water. Spark plug holes, leads, dissy, coil etc. Again i have no idea what an E36 is like, but thats what ive found to be the problem in the past.