Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Engine Hoist / Stand

looking at possibly buying an engine hoist and/or stand

anyone got an old one lying around they dont use anymore?

brand new trademe ones are around $300...any feedback on em?

I was looking at purchasing a trademe one not long ago, a guy at my fathers work who knows his stuff and has his own workshop told me that they arent very good quality, are rather heavy in comparison to the rest of market and somewhat hard to store as they take up alot of space.

I dont have much knowledge on the matter, but that is just hearsay. This guy does seem to know his shiz though.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by E30stz

Engine stands usually pull apart for storage so there not so much of a problem. But engine lifts take a huge space if they arnt able to fold up. I dont know how ofter you will be using it Gus, but i would definatly be looking at one with fold up legs. Even then they take up quite a bit of floor space.

They do make working on and pulling out engines SO much easier tho

stands arent a prob...cheap to buy new also

the hoist im looking at (and have used before) have fold up legs.take up an acceptable amount of space, and easy to transport. would prob use 3-4 times a year, although dropping out the bottom is fun! but i prefer a hoist to put back in.

stands arent a prob...cheap to buy new also

the hoist im looking at (and have used before) have fold up legs.take up an acceptable amount of space, and easy to transport. would prob use 3-4 times a year, although dropping out the bottom is fun! but i prefer a hoist to put back in.

gus, if you get one, i'd be happy to rent it form you (so you can recover some money) ;)

when we are going for lunch ?

do they still do wedges at auckland uni ?

sweet..will see how i go

they sure do! gotta way of getting em cheap too...scum uni students! got tests and stuff this week..maybe thurs or fri? will txt ya

mops = Gus' bit on the side :wub:

mops = Gus' bit on the side :wub:

no, no, no, it's not like that.

hes trading lunch for ECU lecture ;)

hey all i work at Auckland Engineering Surplies and would be happy to help out the bimmersport guys with full trade prices.

we stock alot of good quailty hand tools, power tools, castrol oils, all CRC products all sorts of automotive hoses ie fuel lines. everything relating to trades . we stock alot of bahco, koken, teng pretty much all the good names in tools.

also we do all the engine stands/cranes.

i have one at the moment specs as follows:

*1000kg safe workin capacity

*Adjustable boom 250kg-500kg-750kg and 1000kg

*8 ton long stroke lifting ram.

*Lifting range 600-1740mm

*Overload protection

*Folding arms for storage

*nett weight 100kg

can do it for $449.00 this price includes bonus engine stand.

Stand specs:

* 200kg safe working capacity

*suitable for 4, 6, 8 cylinder cars

*center height 780mm

*23kg

also if anyones after nice tools pm me what you are after and ill get back with prices

cheers Miles

I just use a chain block on one of the beams in the garage, under a $100, works fine, used it to lift an E30 off a trailer last week, makes 4 now sitting around the shed, 3 go, 1 shell for parts if needed.

:lol: gota love the chain blocks. theyr great as long as ya gota sturdy beam. other wise BOOOOM found out the stupid way

:wacko:

cheers moktar, have PM

i dont have anywhere to bolt a chain block too! and you cant move it around really