Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Guard rolling

Hey dudes and dudetts

Im getting a full respray for my 325 soon and want to roll the guards before I paint. any tips for doing this?

with out the expence of hireing a guard roller? I heard of the baseball bat trick but dont know the details

cheers for any help

speak to sakdbma

you in chch arent you? he in auckland, but has one and might know where to get one/how to use it

haha good to see you are being intelligent and doing it before you paint =p baseball bat is the pretty whory way of doin it and you dont really get an even curve but basically to doi it you just put the end of the bat ontop of the wheel using the wheel as leverage roll the bat around the guard folding it up, Another alternative since you are painting anyway is to get a block of wood with some felt on it and use a hammer from the inside to fold up the lip.

Cheers

Chris

Haha good tips! I have nice bat in mind that will do the trick I think. The last thing i want is my shiny new guards

getting clipd by the tire. cheers again chris

Yeh man the baseball bat trick works mean,I did it on my old KE30 corrolla and it worked mean as.Just know that theres a point where it maaaay crap out on you,I practiced on my skid car and the gaurd almost cracked.Good luck bro

Yeh man the baseball bat trick works mean,I did it on my old KE30 corrolla and it worked mean as.Just know that theres a point where it maaaay crap out on you,I practiced on my skid car and the gaurd almost cracked.Good luck bro

How much can you roll the guards before they start to crap themselves? I want to put 20s on my E36 but dont wanna have to get skinny as wheels so the fit inside the guards like my mate has done on his coupe.

Depends,try it on a scrap car 1st or sumthing.would hate to tell you a exact size and have it crak.Get sakdbma to do it if ur in aucks :)

Get it done professionally as its really easy to crack / fracture the paint.

For the e46, I had them rolled to start with .. it wasn't enough under 'hard' compression. so got the gaurds flared. Could actually handle 10's now :D

Get it done professionally as its really easy to crack / fracture the paint.

For the e46, I had them rolled to start with .. it wasn't enough under 'hard' compression. so got the gaurds flared. Could actually handle 10's now :D

How'd you roll em? The machine i got u can supposedly (*Sp?) roll or flare the guards, ive only rolled so far but i can see how it could flare them.

How'd you roll em? The machine i got u can supposedly (*Sp?) roll or flare the guards, ive only rolled so far but i can see how it could flare them.

hey how much did your tool cost in the end?

you can only really pull them out a couple of mil before the part thats being bent will start to crack or spider web' the paint.

due to all being pulled out an inch and a half or so they actually were all rolled and pulled / extruded. but the car had a new paint job after that.

you probably dont want to go this extreme unless your planning to put wide wheels on.

or do this :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...=206+peugeot+ad

you can only really pull them out a couple of mil before the part thats being bent will start to crack or spider web' the paint.

due to all being pulled out an inch and a half or so they actually were all rolled and pulled / extruded. but the car had a new paint job after that.

you probably dont want to go this extreme unless your planning to put wide wheels on.

or do this :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...=206+peugeot+ad

MAchine cost me 300 bucks.

Yea im sticking 16x9.5's on...

Do you think $150 for all for guards rolled is a fair price mate ? there is dude on trademe doing it down here with a machine

Edited by drifty325i

Cool just got him down to $30bucks a guard so thats not to bad. not as cheap as yours tho.

he said his machine cost $1500 whoa

I bet you scored thos deep dish 16s with the black centres didnt ya

Edited by drifty325i

Cool just got him down to $30bucks a guard so thats not to bad. not as cheap as yours tho.

he said his machine cost $1500 whoa

I bet you scored thos deep dish 16s with the black centres didnt ya

haha just saw this post, and Yuh i did B)

P.S if you have already had them rolled can you tell me what the machine looks like, it'd be interesting to see what bullsh!t prices people come up with, as far as i know theres only one machine around that is made to do it, and thats the one i have!!!

haha just saw this post, and Yuh i did B)

P.S if you have already had them rolled can you tell me what the machine looks like, it'd be interesting to see what bullsh!t prices people come up with, as far as i know theres only one machine around that is made to do it, and thats the one i have!!!

Year mate I havint had them done yet so ill take a photo of the machine if you want, he sounded pretty legit but he was

a townie, cant trust townies lol

Year mate I havint had them done yet so ill take a photo of the machine if you want, he sounded pretty legit but he was

a townie, cant trust townies lol

hick

hey i was wondering when u roll the guards does it look any difrent ( make it look hoter) or.....

cheeers

jake the mus you sed you have the tool

you wana do a cashie for my front e36 gaurds?