Sign in to follow this  
TronSpec

Adjustable Rear Trailing Arm Bushes (e30)

I've bought myself a set of urethane adjustable rear trailing arm bushe's and wanted to fit them while my car is still off the road. Was wondering what's the easiest way to get the trailing arms off so I can press the bushe's in and out? I have read that you can drop the whole subframe.... can do them in place??... disasemble the rear brake suspension and hub and go in that way? Just wanted to see what you guys reckon.

Also has anybody allready done this mod? I notice even though my orignal bushe's were still sweet I was feeling a bit of play when pushing round corner's or high speed... hence why I want some urethane one's. Plus with these I can adjust camber and toe to extend the life if my rear tires. Most lowered e30's have bad camber so this fixes that right up.. f**k I'm rambling now. :ph34r:

yeah whole buncha us got a group buy on them near the start of bimmersport...mine have fallen by the wayside but they are good...the better ones to get are the subframe ones..make a more noticeable difference.

get them, then drop the whole subframe, diff etc. need to unbolt the driveshaft, brake lines, ABS, diff from car not subframe and finally the two big nuts on either side and lower it with a jack. then you can unbolt the trailing arms on the ground which is far easier

to get the old ones out buy or borrow a butane/some sort of fire torch and burn them till they soft..the subframe ones can be leveraged out with a screwdriver (need to be burnt too).

putting the new ones in is easy for subframe, trailing arms a bit harder, both involve lots of lube and force required.

Guest Spargo

yeah whole buncha us got a group buy on them near the start of bimmersport

And some of us have only just installed them :ph34r:

You can adjust camber and toe with them? Id be keen on a set, how much are they? id rather do that than ireland engineering adjustable eccentrics...

I had my car in at bridgestone on moorehouse ave and the had the car on the jack for 3days and

couldnt even fit mine lol so mine are still in the box brand new :( meanwhile my car chews thru the tires haha

go the ireland engineering way...with the bushes i dont think you can adjust toe and camber independently, which you can with the ireland stuff

go the ireland engineering way...with the bushes i dont think you can adjust toe and camber independently, which you can with the ireland stuff

Yeah gus is right. Sorry I should have worded it differently. Those bushe's will fix up the bad camber a bit that you get on

lowered e30's not adjust indepently.

"lot's of lube and force" you say gus????

Sounds like my sort of situation :ph34r: f**k that means I need to buy some subframe bushe's cause mine are looking pretty farked and old as shet. Where can I get a set of urethane subframe bushings from in new zealand? Went to the local and they only got rubber one's....

Thanx

... Where can I get a set of urethane subframe bushings from in new zealand? Went to the local and they only got rubber one's....

Thanx

Autolign, or Racelign perhaps... in Auckland

got mine from powerflex.co.uk...they really good to deal with

Shot gus!!!

Ordered me some subrame bushe's from powerflex. Farkin cheap to. I was orignally talking to john from treehouse racing in the states about the wriring adaptor for my swap and some subframe bushe's and they wanted $199 usd for them. Shet lucky I didn't buy those.

Cheer's for the info