Sign in to follow this  
phil millar

Performance Chips

First of all i did not post the bulliten in the FORE SALE section, i was aked how much and that was the reply.However i will give you guy's and girls a contact in Austrailia where you can purchase Chips.Powerchip Australia Pty.Ltd,P O BOX 919,South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.There are 4 types (Bronze) $490.00 + GST AU dollars,(Silver)$590.00 +GST AU dollars (Gold)$690.00 +GST Au dollars and the last (Gold 88)$720.00 +GST Au dollars.Good luck to all of you who purchase one of there chips.

what chip did you buy? i wonder if its worth going the whole hog thats all, i dont really want to run 98!! hardly worth it as this would be really the only performance wise upgrade on my car..

same on the list for october for me, cant wait, might be cheap and go for the bronze though as its same hp gain as silver for e30, and i really dont want to run 98 gas :D

e30zone chips leave these for dead. much more realisitic pricing to $150 ish from memory I have one and it works a charm

Sometimes you dont get the same performance out of chips that are made for the US market that are bought over here. I'm not sure whether its somethign to do with the fuel mixture / octane levels or what.

I think Carl was the one that tried oen and found the results quite displeasing.

Edited by E30stz

Its been said god knows how many times, do it once, do it right. Save your $$$ and get a link! So much more possibilites and if you think about how much you are spending on a chip vs the compatibility of a link... link=win.

Guest Andrew

Of the aftermarket chips i've seen (from reputable tuners)

One rasied the rev limit a little - no power.

One screwed the A/R (in an attempt to make it more lean and more power)

One causes detonation where there never used to be (with a bit more top end power).

Agreed - you can pick up Link LEM V5 for like $700 and it will tune ANYTHING. The stock ecu is VERY basic - why bother changing the information on it? It was tuned properly from the factory.

It was tuned properly from the factory.

not exactly true, they did have to worry about people putting in shitty gas etc.

If your prepared to run 98 a chip could make a decent difference.

Still, $700 for 15hp (claimed), barely seems worth it.

Go link, best thing is you can get rid of crappy AFM

Guest Andrew

not exactly true, they did have to worry about people putting in shitty gas etc.

If your prepared to run 98 a chip could make a decent difference.

Still, $700 for 15hp (claimed), barely seems worth it.

Go link, best thing is you can get rid of crappy AFM

I agree - a tad more timing advance could be OK. But no doubt (even on 98) it will cause it to pink under load at low RPM.

There was a v5 Link on TM the other day for a $500 start bid poss no res.

Or a brand new v5 (not the new G2, just an unused v5) for $956

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

at work we have a chip programmer, someone want to lend a chip this way?! ;) just plug the chip in copy it and make more!!

Edited by nz320i