Sign in to follow this  
ThreeOneEight

My new ride!!!

Hey guys, had to get another E30, was eating away at me! Here she is, a 1990 325iSE Automatic. Picking her up soon, looking forward to it!

Hope you guys like it, tell me what you think...

post-944-1158061568_thumb.jpg

post-944-1158061582_thumb.jpg

post-944-1158061611_thumb.jpg

wow. Thougth you would have prefered manual, but then again I bet thats on the cards for future upgrades. That and get rid of those pesky bottlecaps.

HAHAHAHAHA

I did the same thing on another auction. Had no use for whatever it was (and mp3 player or something) but it had buy now of a dollar. He did the same thing, refused to go through with the sale.

Interesting how an auction is supposed to be binding for the buyer and not the seller !

What does he actually want for it then and how many of us are going to be watching the re-listing ?

Well I have emailed him and pointed out that he is lucky a member of Black Power, Triads etc didn't win his auction for a dollar, and should consequently offer it to me for a great price due to my honesty and reasonability. Fat chance though, I think!

Will post up my email chain to him later, was quite funny.

Nah hes legally obligated to go through with the sale regardless, he set the price he was willing to sell for or he should have withdrawn the car, just because he suddenly saw how easy it sold doesnt mean he can be a greedy pig and ask for more money when a price he already agreed to put it as a buy now had been met. Dont back down and dont meet him half way, only buy it when sells it to you at the price you orignally hit the buy now button for!

TradeMe T&C's state....

4.4.1.a

All listings, bids or communications made through Trade Me shall be made in good faith.

They also state

If you have made a mistake in your listing, you can withdraw it within the first hour and all listing and promotional fees will be refunded.

Now I have no idea how long the auction was up for but as the seller has made a genuine mistake there is no way you can force him to sell and he is quite within his rights to refuse to sell.

Edited by martyyn

are you really dumb enough to think he would sell it for a dollar?

I just think its funny that William posted up pics of his "new ride" here before he even talked to the seller to ensure all was legit.

I think you'll find it was posted up in jest, knowing will's dry sense of humour. Buy now button would have been pushed, knowing that nobody in their right mind would actually sell at that price, but, there's always that chance.

Had to LOL at ryan

Dont back down and dont meet him half way

in this case he's made an abortion at listing. gotta feel sorry for the bastard.

I just think its funny that William posted up pics of his "new ride" here before he even talked to the seller to ensure all was legit.

Errr Id expect Will was quite aware he wasnt going to get it for a dollar and posted it as a bit of a tease more than anything.

Or am I crediting you with too much intelligence Will ;)

Haha, of course I didn't expect to get it for a dollar. But there was a one in a million chance that the $1 buy now was serious, in which case I don't think any of you lot would have hesitated in clicking on it!

He is within his rights not to sell, as the listing had been on for all of 30 seconds. Right place, right time! For my honesty though, I have been offered the car for a very tempting dollar (rather than ONE dollar) figure! So there is a silver lining. Not sure if I want it to be honest :S

really? shame. Yup, think you should just buy it, sight unseen even. Looks to be mint enough. Can give you a ride up if you want. Wont cost fu(k all in diesel.

Hang on - this guy used the point that the auction had a dollar reserve as a feature of the auction "this car must sell so $1 reserve here we go" so from that point of view he is obliged to sell it for a dollar. Daddymac is also an experienced trader so he should have known what he was getting into with a dollar reserve and the risks involved. The tricky point is whether he has the legal authority to sell it for a dollar (as its on behalf). He or at least the real owner could successfully challenge the sale on that point. My advice to you is to see if you can secure it for a fair price but really, its nothing special and you will see other ones equally good come up on Trademe all the time. If it was me I would take some satisfaction on laying a complaint with Trademe and then leaving a negative feedback that will ruin his 100 percent positive feedback rating!

Edited by ducatiss

Hang on - this guy used the point that the auction had a dollar reserve as a feature of the auction "this car must sell so $1 reserve here we go" so from that point of view he is obliged to sell it for a dollar.

He put it on as a buy-now for a dollar. Doesnt matter what the reserve is because the buy-now wouldve disappeared as soon as someone placed a bid.

A dollar reserve does not mean he has to sell it for a dollar, it just means it will be sold to the highest bidder. If he had let the auction run then he wouldve had to sell it.

Oh I had no idea it was a $1 buy now I hsould have clicked the link and saw before I posted. I thought it was like a $2000 buy now.

Oh I had no idea it was a $1 buy now I hsould have clicked the link and saw before I posted. I thought it was like a $2000 buy now.

You never do read the small print, do you?