Sign in to follow this  
silva323i

xhaust upgrade

hi all i just purchased a shiney new xhaust tip for my e30 323. i was goin to get rid of my system in favour of a 2.5in all the way to the manifold. my exsisting system is twin pipes all the way through and each pipe is about 1.25in. so my question is, will i get better flow from a single 2.5in system? because my exsisting system is the equivelint to a 2.5in so there is no point in doing it right? i dont want to get a 3in system because i dont want it to be to loud.

so do i keep my system or go for the single 2.5in??

Until you do something about the exhaust manifold, the benefits of putting in a 2.5" system would not be realised.

so you reckon some headers are in order? from what i gather they are really expensive. think i will just get the tip on and leave the rest. it may not give me more power but atleast it will look better and sound better. the 2.3ltr m20's go ok anyway.

thats pretty good feedback and that is definitly resonable pricing on headers.

its a shame im in napier though. i work next door to a muffler and exhaust place that i hear are really good. im going in on monday to get some quotes and if they are too ridiculous it mite be worth visiting al's when im up in aucks round new years

because my exsisting system is the equivelint to a 2.5in so there is no point in doing it right?

No, a twin 1.25 is about the same as a single 1.75, and the single will flow better becuase there is less surface area. advantage of the twin is its easier to get the pipes under the rear subframe.

IMO, stick to the twin piping and worry more about having a proper muffler and resonators.

i see well ive chosen to just stick the muffler on and leave the piping because its cheaper to do so and i need to put money towards new front shocks and a new clutch. also it seems the performance gain was going to be minimal and i dont want it to be to loud as the e30 attracts enough attention from the 5 0 as it is!

its going in on friday, will post pics