Sign in to follow this  
320SHKBTE

Rear e36 Speakers

Hey dudes, i blew up my rears, need to no wat size they are in inchs? or what will fit without cutting, i got them out but dont have a inch ruler :blink::wacko:

E36's either have 4's ot 5 1/4 rears depending on year, very easy to replace , pop up rear grill , phillips screwdriver and you're away.

you can fit 6 inch ones in there, ive put 6 inch in the back of mine, there orignally 5.25inch.

I thought they were all 4" in the rear regardless of year? Anyway, mine's a 1992 E36, and I just pulled one of the speakers out yesterday and it's definitely 4". The kickpanel speakers are 5.25".

Edited by Yuen

They were 4" pre-FL and 5.25" post-FL. Changeover is around 1996.

I thought they were all 4" in the rear regardless of year? Anyway, mine's a 1992 E36, and I just pulled one of the speakers out yesterday and it's definitely 4". The kickpanel speakers are 5.25".

Cheers mines a 1992 so ill get some new 4 inchs, thanks for the help guys.

LOL, all the confusion. For what it's worth, mine are the Nokia speakers. I will get a picture of the speaker against a ruler tomorrow and post it up.