Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Wheel Studs

not sure if we been through this before but has anyone done this on the e30? any other options other than turner?

I'd be keen as well.

other options are blackforestindustries.com or motor-force.com

around $50 from black forest and $40 from motor force, shipping could be different though.

Group buy?

Guest Spargo

I'd need 4 more than you two.

Guess we'd have to buy their BBS wheel nuts too?

75mm or 90mm?

Edited by Spargo

I'd need 4 more than you two.

Guess we'd have to buy their BBS wheel nuts too?

75mm or 90mm?

huh? why would you go with turner when there are kits out there a third of the price?

worth a shot asking for a discount for 3. powerflex did with our CABs

If you want the screw in ones, then figure out what you need and get an engineering shop to make 'em, should only cost about $10 each if you get 30 or more made. I have used Ford Transit ones in the past,(on about 2 or 3 E30's) M12x1.5mm, nice heat treated pieces, only $4.50 each, and coming off a Transit, you know they are going to be tough! Only thing is you need to remove front and rear hubs, have the threads drilled out to 14mm, spot face the rear of the drive flange/hub and press the studs in. Much better IMO than a screw in stud which can unscrew out with the wheel nut.

Grant- wheel bolts or proper screw in stud kits? I wouldn't have expected CPA to carry stud kits.

The transit studs isnt a bad idea but your still looking at $100+ all up and its a bit of work. I do agree with you though that its a better solution than screw-in studs.

I'll get in touch with the 2 places I listed and see what they can do. If their going to rape us on shipping I might get em sent by family over there.

not sure if we been through this before but has anyone done this on the e30? any other options other than turner?

WESTIE MOD THEM MATE! HQ HOLDEN they're got a 2"shank, 7/16 diameter [real imperial measurements] and you can bash 'em in with your balljoint hammer [they're long enough for 1/2" spacers]

If you need studs for Racing, use MOROSO 3" studs.Available via Mail Order from Summit Racing [uSA]

The motor-force guys are keen to help out, but shipping will be a killer. Even with 3 people still looking at roughly $50US each just for shipping. They would drop the price of the studs depending on how many people bought them. I may get then sent to family over in the US and get them to post them but shipping would be longer. Anyone else keen?

Yea I've got studs on mine those screw in ones arn't that great i can sell you my ones soon if your interested gus they are very long because i have an alloy spacer to make p35 wheels clear the coilover but they are ten times better than the bmw setup!