Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Sport Seat Repair Question

Well it hasnt taken long to start pulling Ruby apart :)

Ive got a problem with the drivers seat which I thought was just a twisted seat back. All the screws and cables were attached correctly so Ill pulled it apart and found what I think is the problem.

Check out the two photos you can see the first one has quite a decent gap between the bottom of the mechanism and the rail.

post-116-1159666825_thumb.jpg

Whereas the right side is very low and the angle of the mechanism is qutie different.

post-116-1159667199_thumb.jpg

Reading on the internet tells me that this is very common when people have sex in their cars so I wont ask Andy what he was doing with Lisa on the drive down :P

I can pretty easily pull the seat base from the rail to make it the same distance which lends me to think that something in there is either bent or snapped but Im on borrowed time at the moment so dont want to pull the rest of the mechanism to pieces right now.

Does anyone know if this can be easily repaired or does it need completely pulling out and re-welding somewhere.?

Does anyone know if this can be easily repaired or does it need completely pulling out and re-welding somewhere.?

Yeah pull em old bimmer seats and put some nice hugging race seats in! :ph34r: