Sign in to follow this  
Docile

e38 740i

yeah i read the manual and says it accepts gsm card.. vodafone is gsm.. so what the F***... ill try and contact a dealer and see what's up.

im pretty sure someone here has a e38.. does your fone work??

yeah i read the manual and says it accepts gsm card.. vodafone is gsm.. so what the F***... ill try and contact a dealer and see what's up.

im pretty sure someone here has a e38.. does your fone work??

i had one in my e38....

go into the boot..left hand side by the cd stacker and sat nav unit open up the flap and feel inside( you may need to take that trim off to see what you are doing for the first time) the main unit for the gsm phone is in there, and on the top of it is a slot to fit a full size sim card ( dont snap the sim card out to fit your cell phone), slid it in and all should go well...let me know if you have any probs..also you will be able to scroll through names etc using the steering wheel controls and will show up on the display under the speedo

GSM networks have varying base stations (BSC & BTS). Off memory NZ uses GSM 900 or 1800. And you also need to allow for the 2G & 3G issue.

I'm sure Jochen or BMW can sort you out.

i had one in my e38....

go into the boot..left hand side by the cd stacker and sat nav unit open up the flap and feel inside( you may need to take that trim off to see what you are doing for the first time) the main unit for the gsm phone is in there, and on the top of it is a slot to fit a full size sim card ( dont snap the sim card out to fit your cell phone), slid it in and all should go well...let me know if you have any probs..also you will be able to scroll through names etc using the steering wheel controls and will show up on the display under the speedo

we've gota 95 e38.. the slot for the GSM sim card is under the phone when you have it down. but ill check that place too sometime tomorrow..

we've gota 95 e38.. the slot for the GSM sim card is under the phone when you have it down. but ill check that place too sometime tomorrow..

yeah it will have two slots, under the handset in the car and in the boot in the main phone modual

hey cheers man GOT IT WORKING:D.. no sat nav though lol

You want your sat nav working?

I can help you do it

Sat nav is way cool...

Jochen (E39 540i with working sat nav)

So... retro-fit it then! A fun project, all it takes is $$$ :-/

yeh prob need to change the whole console face to fit in the standard one... or just buy the navman protable ones LOL

hey guys question...

we changed the rear breakpads as it was givin "check brake linings"

we found that the back ones was nearly bare metal and the fronts still good..

and its still giving that check brake lining warning..

how you reset that?

What condition was the brake pad sensor in?

They can be sacrificial....

im not quite sure, i left 1/2 through the whole thing.

but when we took it out it was nearly bare metal. about 2mm or so of pad left