Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Welding person required in Wellington area

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Wellington area who can help me repair a seat.

The base has already been broken once and someone has done a half-ar$ed attempt to weld it but thats broken too now with my lardy ar$e sitting in it.

The seat is stripped down and it looks a simple enough job but I need someone who really knows what they are doing to tell me if it can be repaired or not. Im pretty sure it can but it looks like its going to need something more than just being stuck back together again with some basic welding.

If anyone can help please give me a shout, or else I shall be talking to the boys at Page's to see if they can sort it out for me.

Bump it up with lumber and hold together with duct-tape in the meantime...

Any exhaust shop or engineers or panel beaters.. Mate anyone with a gas mig welder can do it.

As far as just welding it up again it should be fine. 1 inch of weld can hold up to 500kg depending on the quality of the metal. Just make sure you clean up the surface good before it's welded to insure good penetration.