Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 gearshift mechanism

I have the sheet-etal console from the early 320 manuals. Need the straight selector rod from shifter to gearbox.

OR the entire shift console/mechanism from a 325 or newer 320 (aluminium cast arm type console) which I can use instead.

Will pay reasonable amount. I can make what I have work for about $5 but I'm a perfectionist and jury-rigs do not appeal to me.

as with the other bits URGENT.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

the alloy one may not work....needs the right housing on back of gearbox

i have a selector shaft in a couple weeks time.actually i may have a spare now that if you replace would be fine for you to take

I never thought of that (gearbox mount different). Just heard of it being done and so thought I coul dod it if I had to. So in that case I'll just try for the shaft then.

Gus - so you give me the shaft now and I give you one later when I find one? That could work. i'm in auckland tonight for about an hour - could grab it off you. Where will you be between 8pm and 10pm? just txt me is easiest.

It's part # 6 in the digram below

post-339-1160702076_thumb.jpg

Gus's one was the bent one for the cast alloy shift console, so am still looking for one of these!

Had one made for $30 which also meant I could have it shortened ever so slightly to compensate for the bend in my z3 1.9 shifter. Retail for one from parts place was around $80.