Sign in to follow this  
lilme

removing tar??

i polish my mags so much you would expect them to have huge welts in them soon, but i cant get the bl**dy tar of them, ive tried and tried but i put a lil scratch in them today :angry: when i had a go so i put the cloth down and thaught 'id better ask!!' does anyone know of a way to get the tar off?

Do you want to remove tar from your automobile without removing the paint along with it? If so, spray the tar with any laundry pretreatment solution. Wipe off and the tar will be gone, but not the car paint!

got that off the first site i found in google, the net has everything if ya have a look :)

Degreaser is the best thing I've found without fukin toomuch much

Meguiars Clay Bar will get everything off anything.

Use it on your alloys and then wax them afterwards to make them easier to clean in the future.

Mothers bug & tar wipes are pretty good. Or try desolve it.

Mothers do a clay bar too.

*i am not affiliated with mothers*

Key is to get it as fresh as you can.

A clay bar can get the thin layers of tar off, but for the thicker parts that have been there for some time, you need a tar remover. Or maybe just give the laundry solution method a shot first.

hey thanks heaps for all your suggestions! i will start at the top and work down the list untill i find something that works realy well. i like the sound of easier cleaning in the future so i might try the clay bar and wax. whats a good wax to use on my wheels? im not sure if anything will react or anything, i dnt wanna screw them up just yet lol!!

Edited by lilme