Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

whats goin on with trade me??

I was just looking at parts & accessories for bmw and there is a total of 55 auctions?? theres normally hundreds but then all the other car parts and acc is the same for other makes??

What the?!

And has anyone noticed how if you hit latest listings you dont get the whole lot anymore? only like about 30 auctions in a category?

Pain in the ass!! Its getting worse!!!!

Trade me's rates have gone up again, leading to less people listing. Pain in the ass really, if you look around some of the other nz auction sites where they have free listing etc you will find the majority of people will be switching from reliable old trademe.... The guys that bought it need to make their 70,000,000.00 baack somehow

Yeah man it's bullshit aye.

I won't be using it anymore if they decide to put their fees up more

Er, I'd say its just a bug that TM haven't announced yet in Community section.

Seems to work for me as per usual;

Trade Me Motors > Car parts & accessories > BMW (898)

For me atm. Maybe you searched your local parts only?

Edited by jpp

Yeah man it's bullshit aye.

I won't be using it anymore if they decide to put their fees up more

actually think i was using local,

but yeah tm still getting worse than it used to be

and othersites are zillion which i dont think has an auto's section which would be its biggest money maker im sure, and there are some others like nzauctions as well??

I use oneway. It's ok, and has a network marketing structure that is essentially opt-in as you aren't required to operate in the network structure. You earn credit for signing new memebers up and for there buy/sell "traffic".

You don't have to sign up in anyones network, so those put off buy network marketing schemes need not avoid the site.

Those that fell like giving me free credit by signing up PM your email address to me and I'll email you a link so that your signup counts to my credit. I'm not into network marketing at all, but free credit is something I'm deinately into!

Otherwise www.oneway.co.nz

Would be intersted to see what elso others use. It'd be great if someone set up a free/nearly free site that was as smooth and professional as TM's site and that had some point of difference to make it stand out to offer some real competition to Trademe.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

what I can't figure out is how ebay got so popular. Was it just first in?

TM is so much easier to navigate and search than ebay. Sure ebay has a few nice features but in general its just nowhere near a easy as TM.

what I can't figure out is how ebay got so popular. Was it just first in?

TM is so much easier to navigate and search than ebay. Sure ebay has a few nice features but in general its just nowhere near a easy as TM.

Yeah ebay is a bloody mess, so hard to to find things, you're right, TM is much more simplistic, good site.

My brother listed an AW11 parts car on Trademe, with "Message me and I will start an auction for individual parts" written on the ad- Trademe pulled it and asked him to 'start an individual auction for each and every part you wish to sell". A bit bully-boy, must be the Aussie owners.

have they actually increased the TM fees?

if everyone starts using different sites it'll be that much harder to find stuff to buy and to sell stuff. thats why i say just stick to trademe, let them win and it'll be better for everyone :)

i always put my phone number or email in auctions when people ask, even tho you're not supposed to. i've never been asked to change anything. i guess they only take action if someone complains.

ebay would be ok if it wasn't for the shipping costs.

Fees have gone up a fair bit. Used to be $20 to list a car with no success fees and they had regular $10 specials. Now its $29 plus success fee.

Cost of gallery has gone up, success fees have gone up I think., there's a page somewhere on TM listing all the changes.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey