Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Whos goota hoist?!

I need to do some underbody work on my car and cant be f**ked paying astronomical amounts to hire a workshop space for a few hours.

Anybody on here in the big 09 gotta hoist i can use for a sat/sun arvo? Need to replace my d/shaft hanger bearing, which as most will know involves removing the whole exhaust. Also need to check a few other things while im under there, also an onsite rattle gun would be good.

Cheers

Chris

pussy.

harden up, i replaced gearbox in an afternoon on my back yesterday. you should be at least at manly as me

pussy.

harden up, i replaced gearbox in an afternoon on my back yesterday. you should be at least at manly as me

haha Yeah pussy. Get it up on some stands and slide under it haha count yourself lucky you aint doing on gravel aswell :D

Harsh.

Got a mate with a pit in his garage that hes building his S13 in.I don't know if he's got wheels on his 13 yet(ie can't be moved from on top of the pit) but I'll see him tommorow and see what happens.Give u a txt tommorow morning

Chur

Bet neither of your cars are as low as mine.... + f**k taking exhaust + heatshield + diff + Driveshaft out then having to put it all back in haha, not a mission im to keen on doing on the ground...

You sound keen gus maybe you should do it for me bahaha

Bet neither of your cars are as low as mine.... + f**k taking exhaust + heatshield + diff + Driveshaft out then having to put it all back in haha, not a mission im to keen on doing on the ground...

You sound keen gus maybe you should do it for me bahaha

Also i dont have a garage and most of our property is on an angle making it kinda hard to do.

How do you 'break' the drive shaft then?

You work at a workshop right?

How much would you charge to change it for me?

How do you 'break' the drive shaft then?

You work at a workshop right?

How much would you charge to change it for me?

Unsure wot you mean by "break"

You remove the exhaust, heat shield, then undo both ends and drop it out. You need to mark the splines when you split it so you dont upset its balance. Straight forward really.

We charge $70 per hr+ GST. If its straight forward an hr should cover it. Depends on the exhaust. How its been done & so long as exhaust studs or bolts dont break.

Cheers

Glenn

Haha yea whoops forgot that you could get it out like that, im not thinking properly this morning! :wacko:

it's not that hard at all... but a flat piece of ground would help definitely...

I have a hoist. 6 meters enough room for you?

:ph34r:

Yea where are you located? I may not need it now but good to know...