i own a 328ci nz new 1999

I want to know if there is any places in auckland that can supercharge my bmw,

i heard supercharging is a great thing for bmw's , absolute power overwhelming

anyways hit me back if any of you have any info for me to supercharge my beemer

thanks

:)

Hi welcome to the forums....

Haha great first post. I am interested in supercharging also

An exciting new member! Excellent! Welcome, sorry i dont know much about supercharging, someone here will surely know.

Well i was more looking into the lines of a mechanic which could install a supercharge kit at a cost.

I know many web sites over seas with bmw supercharges.. but, you need to get your ecu re chipped.. which relaly means.. well sort of has to be done in the country that you are in, mostly in close vincity again. ^^

i know there is a bmw place close to hamilton but they do more e36 cars . :blink:

Guest Andrew

Fine -

How much do you want to spend? Turbo charging is probably an easier option (and will give you more power).

hivelocity.co.nz

bobhomewood.com

Dealt with both - either could do it.

But $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fine -

How much do you want to spend? Turbo charging is probably an easier option (and will give you more power).

hivelocity.co.nz

bobhomewood.com

Dealt with both - either could do it.

But $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna go down the turbo route as far as forced induction goes for my m50ed e30. Just means I'll have to get a manifold fabbed up this equels $$$$$$$$$$$$ aswell

There are several places that offer supercharging kits for BMW.

With supercharging, all the money is tied up in the ECU flash as buying the parts and doing the construction yourself is not that difficult.

I looked into this option for my 330i. I decided not to go ahead for the reason that I have a automatic gearbox and would only be able to pull 360bhp tops outta my setup before I would have to go manual 6 speed gear box setup. The total project cost to do this was sitting on the side of 25k NZ to do it properly. For me and what I have already spent on the car; not worth it for my daily driver.

From all my research of the past year(s) there are only few outfits I trust in the US and Europe from my readings on many forums, end user experiences / write ups. Here is the list.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/

http://www.technikpower.com/

http://www.esstuning.com/

BMW FI Community forums

http://www.bmwpsi.com/forum/

Superchargers give you a different type of power than say a turbo. Superchargers are limited by power vs engine revs. This mean that the more you rev the engine the more power you get .. So to have your peak power you will have be prepare to rev the engine out more than say a turbo setup. The great thing is you have a more even torque curve and you dont suffer from compressor spool up time as you do with a turbo setup. The feels more natural to drive.

hope this helps

Josh

thanks to all you people with the massive reply for the supercharging and turbo charging news....

I have a little story to share with you, the other night , as i am a young male, i was meeting my mates for a few games of computer internet cafe battlefield to be exact.

I arrived at the location and my friend yelled out to me, i also noticed an old man standing on the corner of the block not too far from the net cafe (approximately 10 metres away). i Slowed my car , u turned it , and made my car slow beside my mates, my mates pointed out a carparking across the road, so i zoom off in 1st gear 10 metres into a 2 road intersection and u turned (12.30am just after mid night) and the old man started to get angry and chase me, just i did not realised until i did the u turn and parallel park my bmw. my mates said the old man was very angry and was taking down my plate number.

so i suppose... first of all... he was a hater of bmw's , or he did not like young men driving bmws or something else,

in my friends point of view they say that the old man was chasing at one point as i passed him on the corner to u turn on the dead night no cars no people just him on corner, WOW , i suppose the only thing the police could get me for is unnecessary acceleration. Coz i did accelerate to 30kms in 1st gear until the intersection (10 metres to 30kms) not bad not bad.....

So the old man was chasing me after i went past him to u turn of which he ran on road and chased until u turned and parked which he went back on the path way again :huh: .

The only thing the police could do is.. well send a complaint letter to the register plate owner of the car obviously. but..... i find this man to be a bit senile. My car is not modified, i did not look at that man at all, he was clearly not in any danger until he ran quickly towards my car as i was near passing.

The old man had white hair, looks like a grandpa look, european. So so strange, ... i

To this day i can not get this strange incident out of my head.

So would anyone like to comment on this situation ???? comments blah blah blah

Are bmw drivers getting a typical steroe type??? B)