Sign in to follow this  
buzzlightyear

Clutch

I want a extremly heavy duty clutch i got a LUK and its allready s**t itself after 3 months. pretty pissed. also will be turbo in about 6 months or hopefully alot sooner so who in NZ can give me a clutch that can withstand more than 350hp approx. bit over kill but i want to be safe rahter than 3 hours of doing a clutch sorry. any help would be amazing!

try auto clutch in morningside auckland .

i got a rebuilt F&S pressure plate (about 1600Ibs clamp pressure ) for my hartge engine 240hp , std F&S clutch is about 1400Ibs luk is about 1200-1300Ibs .

got new clutch plate and bearing $280 all up .

they also wil make me a super grunty one for my M5 engine , 2400Ibs and a carbon/kevlar plate about $790 .(beforebargaining) .

these guys know what they talking about .

ask for (i think) brett ( the guy with one arm )

i also had a LUK clutch they are rubbish (waste of $300 ) .

good luck .

Yeah I got a Clutch through auto clutch also for my e30 with 2.5 m50 in it. Same guy as brent said.

I got a 2500Ibs ( still sprung) and a carbon/kevlar plate (overkill) And had to exchanged my old flywheel for a machined up one from them. $855 all up it cost me.

these guys know what they talking about .

For m20 -

Ireland engineering 6 puck clutch. Very good.

Yeap I'm using a m20 flywheel and clutch setup as I;ve stuck with my e30 5spd just modded the shift selector and the crossmember.

Guest Spargo

+1 on IE clutch. I've got the sprung version, andy has the unsprung in his racecar.

Slightly noisier but that could be down to a ltw flywheel as well.

What sort of cost is it for a good clutch for m20?

cool just talked to them guys they got me a fancy thing coming which will make me very happy. i shouldnt get any slip once i put the snail on the side of it. cheers for ya help

heh. more competition for andy and grant... speaking of grant hows his turbo setup going? havnt heard much for ages!!!

have yet to turbo it but will be turbo by half way next year. going to run a confortable 8psi and see how it goes. just want to say ive got a turbo E30 and be alot faster than most jappers. still just doing research i dont want to rush in and cause huge engine damge. but im sure ill do that anyways. So far my list is

*turbo t3/t4 or just a t3

*link computer

*manifold

*steel head gasket*

*intercooler

*injectors

*fuel pressure reg

*fuel pump

All these things can be easier got to due to i work at a place where we sell and buy turbos for very cheap and i know what to get and what not to get. but ill keep ya's posted when i get the ball rolling. shouldnt be too long now. id say be completed by july next year hopefully.

in short, from reading a lotta e30tech (not real experience, yet) a standard motor (FL 8.8:1 compression) with head studs (raceware, ARP) and a MLS seems to be a good recipe for a decent amount of power. and of course, good tuning

Guest Spargo

exactly how tough is the 325iM running gear? i snap axles once every 2 months but thats about it.

How the f**k do you snap axles (assuming you mean half shafts) on your current non turbo setup?

with a stock m20? what do you do to it.?? have never broken a pair...im not exactly gentle either

Guest Andrew

with a stock m20? what do you do to it.?? have never broken a pair...im not exactly gentle either

I've never broken any either on any of my e30s.

me neither... Wierd to seeing as ive got 16x9's which is a hell of alot of pressure on the axles when you drop that clutch!

i've got 320i axles well half shafts i strip the spline on the CV i've done 4 so far i've welded the diff but its only when im doing a we donnut and i get it into 3rd then if it grips something on the ground it just snapps and i drive home with one wheel and do 5th gear burnouts. all on private property of course ;) cause doing that sort of stuff on the road illegal.

Ive spotted his driving before and i can fully belive hes stripping them lol loose!