Sign in to follow this  
keen

e34 rotors and pads needed

I need new rotors and pads for my sons e34 535. he is asking if its worth puting on cross drilled with some good all round pads any one know of some good prices? And would some EBC pads be the go?any help would be welcome.

Personally I wouldnt bother with X-Drilled, you are probably better with slotted.

We run slotted "cheap" front rotors on the 535, and its an option that I wouldnt do again, the DBA rotors on the rear seem more stable, and havent require regrinding within 10K km like the fronts. The Fronts are also quite noisy in operation, and I'm not too sure if this is the rotors, or the fact that they are slotted rotors, running fairly aggresive brake pads.

I would stick to either Geniune/OEM pads or something like Carbon Mettallic, EBC or Hawk if you want reliable stopping under all conditions.

As for rotors either Geniune/OEM, DBA or take your chances with an aftermarket supplier like Repco, BNT and the like.

thanks for the advice I'll get some prices and see how we go